Chapter ஐ 2

Hey! Hope you guys like this chapter! Please comment what you think. :) Xx

*Freya's POV*

I woke up to a slight turbulence that shook the plane. I pulled my blanket off my head and looked around the plane. People were mainly sleeping or reading. I thought by the time I woke up we would be close to landing and everyone would be awake.

I took out my phone and checked the time. My eyes gaped when I saw what time it was. The screen said 7:46 p.m., that meant that I had been on the plane for more then 6 hours! To get to from Canada to California it should only take around 5 hours, at most.

I quickly began searching through my backpack for my ticket, making sure I didn't just mix up the time it took to get there. I finally found it at the bottom of all my stuff. I pulled the ticket out and unfolded it slowly, my hands were shaking. I heard my breath hitch as I read the ticket.

The ticket was for Ireland.

I covered my mouth and kept staring at it for what seemed like hours. I twisted my loose strands of hair around my fingers and tried to take deep breaths. My hands were shaking more now than ever, and it felt like everyone on the plane would be able to hear my rapid heart beat. I didn't mix up the time, I was on the wrong plane!

How did this happen?

Why didn't I look at the ticket when I got it?

I should have left earlier so that I wasn't in such a rush!

Ireland?

Thoughts jumbled my head, and I couldn't piece it together. I tried to remember everything that happened between the time I got to the airport and the time I boarded the plane.

First I waited in a line to get to my ticket. When I was up there I told the lady I needed a ticket for flight #319. Then I ran to the plane. The woman at the entrance wouldn't have let me in if I had the wrong ticket. Those were the only details I remembered, the whole thing was a blur.

I kept going through the whole day in my head. How did I get a ticket to Ireland and not California. I put my head in my hands, I was so frustrated and confused. I noticed people looking at me with concerned faces. I assured them I was alright and tried to look as normal as I could.

The only explanation that seemed to make any sense was that I somehow told the lady the wrong flight number. I was in a hurry after being late, I guess I wasn't paying good attention to the list. The lady said something after I told her the flight number, probably confirming the flight, but I just ignored her. I was so stupid.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath. What was I going to do now, I knew nothing about Ireland.

I took out my phone and was greeted by text messages, mainly from my mom.

From Jo: Did your plane land yet?😜

From Mom❤️: Hi honey, how was your trip?

From Mom❤️: I thought you were gonna stop by me and your dad's house when you got back......

From Mom❤️: Freya if you decided not to come over you should have told us.

I quickly texted Joanna telling her what happened. Then I sent my mom a long paragraph hoping that she would be awake and read the message. Usually she goes to sleep around 8:00 p.m. for work, but I needed her to answer now.

To Mom❤️: OMG mommmmmmmm. I got on the wrong plane! I think I might have told the lady at the front office the wrong flight number. I don't know what to do. Instead of California I'm flying to Ireland! I was starting to wonder why the plane ride was taking so long...... I don't know when I'll be back. Hopefully soon, what do you think I should do???????😁😁Don't be mad at me.

I decided it would be best to try to calm down, and get my thoughts together. I hope my mom would answer soon or at least before the plane lands. She will tell me what to do and where to go.

I folded the ticket and put it back in my backpack. I've always wanted to go to Ireland, but not like this.
.
.
.
Follow my Twitter account: @1Dismylife136