Oh, Wait. No You Didn't

I blinked my eyes, and sat up in my bed. I was in my room, in Valhalla. I looked around. I guess I didn't believe Magnus and the others, but everything was the same. I was alive. Unhurt. More or less.

     The thoughts didn't leave my head. I woke up angry, livid, and in pain. I couldn't keep my emotions in check, the events of the past and present sending me reeling. I got up from the bed and stalked over to the closet. I changed into something more comfortable, and let my hair fall loose. The damn sword and shield were there, leaning against the wall comfortably, as if they hadn't moved, not for a hundred years. I glared around the room. Isa was sitting quietly on a perch, on the other side of the kitchen, as far away as possible from me. Muezza cowered behind the aviary. They sensed my anger and my fear, and they knew what was about to happen.

     My heart stopped. I saw a picture on the fireplace that had not been there before.  It was very familiar, way too familiar, way too early.

     Next to the picture was a little yellow toy truck, a bulldozer, like the kind you might find at a construction site. Something inside me broke.

     My gaze didn't linger. I picked up the sword and swung. It cut clean through the drywall, easily, like scissors through paper. Maybe it was the sword, but I doubted it. It was my own strength. I didn't even have my own body anymore. That was what did it. That was the last straw.

     My tears started to fall before I could stop them.

     I saw red.

          I lost control.

Hi guys! So that was my first 'few' chapters. I hope you enjoyed them! They took quite a few weeks to compose, and went through and edited it SEVERAL times. I do all my work on a Google Doc so I can keep a really good track of my work, then transfer it to Wattpad when I've triple checked it. (Kinda OCD there, but if I do it any other way I feel terrible inside, 'cause I've got so many ideas running around crazy in my head.)

I'm a HUGE fan of Uncle Rick's books, and am currently cruising through the Hidden Oracle. I try as much as possible to write like Rick, yet with my own personal twist. Please write some helpful comments on ways Magnus could be a tad funnier, because Rick is a legend when it comes to his P.O.V.

This is getting kind of long, but after that much writing, I think I deserve it. Please comment, like, vote, and follow, and if I see people enjoying my story, I will continue. I only have a broken plot in my little journal that I keep for my writing, and I will be honored to wrangle it for you guys. If I don't see much love, ah...I'll figure something out.

THANK YOUUU!

Fun note: How old do you think I am, based on my writing? Comment down below!

Atypical (A Magnus Chase fan novel)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें