Chapter Fifteen | A bad Apology

After I finish eating Jane leads me to what will be my bedroom for some time. She opens the door and I walk through saying thanks on my way into the room. 

The room looks fit for royalty, like everywhere in this vampire den

The room looks fit for royalty, like everywhere in this vampire den. It has gold accents much like my jack ass of a mate Caius's room, however it has a much more positive feeling to it with its pastel blue color scheme. I see my backpack is sat on the ottoman at the end of the bed.

"I will get going now Polaris, sleep well. And know a guard will be stationed outside your room for safety tonight if you need anything." Jane says and leaves me alone in this room. I decide to get ready for bed and change into my pajamas and brush me teeth in the bathroom attached to the room. I then get into bed and find my mind wondering to Caius as I drift to sleep. How long will this fight go on? will his views ever change? I wonder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing from a text message. I reach into my backpack for my phone and I see its Rosalie texting me asking how things are going. I respond back to her explaining what happened. She offers to come get me from in her words "Small dicked undeserving of you king." I deny her request for now, wanting to stay and give Caius a chance to apologize. I quickly get dressed and then decide to head to get some food from the kitchen for breakfast. 

I follow the way Jane showed me the day before to not much luck. I feel like I'm in the fricken Labyrinth movie. I mean there is an asshole of a blond king who is somehow attractive here and this castle is comparable to a labyrinth if you ask me. Would that make Jane Ludo or Hoggle then? I think to myself snickering at the thought. 

As I walk around on my journey to the kitchen I hear voices of what sounds like Aro and Caius. I decide to try my best to eavesdrop on vampires; great idea I know. 

"You need to apologize to her brother." I hear Aro reason.

"I refuse, A king does not apologize." Caius retorts. 

I hear Aro let out an audible sigh and explain "Your not a king to her and she's not a subject to you. She is your other half, you're equal. Don't lose her, you only get one mate Caius." 

I hear Caius let out a sigh and footsteps. I rush away not wanting to get caught ease dropping however its too late. Caius sees me and calls after me.

"Polaris, Wait! I wanted to say I apologize." Caius says, annoyance edged into his voice.

I turn to face him and glare at him. "You don't sound sorry, I want an apology because your view on me being a in your words "common whore" have changed not because you just want me to not be pissed at you anymore." 

Caius looks down with a look of guilt, proving my statement of his apology being insincere correct. I walk away from him continuing on my quest to the kitchen. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I eventuallty run into Jane and she helps me to the kitchen again while I rant about what a dick Caius is. After I finish eating Jane offers to show me around the castle and I make sure to avoid Caius as we navigate through the building.

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter. In the next chapter I plan to have Polaris formally meet and befriend the rest of the Guard. Please vote to show your support for the book, see you next time!