{14} IS A MAKE-OUT SESSION TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR? {14}

ANNABETH CHASE

After cuddling with Percy for a long while, he eventually suggested that we should get ready for bed. I begrudgingly agreed, not wanting to move from my comfy position but desperately wanting to change out of my alcohol-scented clothes. Sighing, I shifted my weight off of my boyfriend's body and allowed him to stand up.

He stared at me for a second. "You're wearing makeup?" he asked.

My cheeks flushed. "Reyna and I wanted to go full out for the party," I defended half-heartedly, brushing my hair out of my face.

He held his hands up. "Not judging, just asking. Let me go see if I can find wipes or something to clean you up."

"Okay," I mumbled softly. "Hurry, please," I called as he was halfway out the bedroom door.

He sent me an award winning smile over his shoulder, making my breath catch. "I'll be back in just a second, promise."

Then he was off, and I was left all alone in one of Jason's many guest rooms. I laid flat on my back, staring up at the ceiling as the night's events replayed in my mind. Getting ready for the party with my roommate, Reyna, and feeling so excited. Arriving to the house party and feeling so anxious and awkward. Drinking alcohol to ease my nerves. Getting absolutely wasted. Being cornered by guys at every turn I took. Watching helplessly as a stranger attempted to rape me. Calling Percy. Waiting for him to arrive, and the second he came collapsing in his arms, reduced to a sobbing mess.

Where would I be if I didn't have Percy in my life? Not only did he save me tonight, but he's saved me countless times throughout our days together. He comforted me when I was sad, soothed my nerves, calmed my anger. Not to mention, he looked absolutely incredible whilst doing it.

I giggled. Man, did I get fortunate in the boyfriend department or what? I could stare at his artfully messy black locks for hours, let alone his dreamy green eyes or his perfectly pink lips. He was just the right height, a solid 6 foot 1, and had an amazing build. Wowie.

The door swung open, revealing my boyfriend. He was holding a cluster of objects, but all I could focus on was his ruggedly handsome face.

"I snuck into Jason's mom's bathroom and found some makeup wipes as well as a pack of toothbrushes and a bottle of toothpaste. Hopefully they don't..." He trailed off and narrowed his eyes. "...mind. Why are you staring at me like that?"

I smiled shyly. "You're so pretty."

He laughed softly. "If I'm pretty, what does that make you? Breathtakingly gorgeous? Drop-dead beautiful?"

I blushed and shook my head. "Nope," I stated, popping the 'p'. "Lucky."

He rolled his eyes and kicked the door closed with his foot. He trodded over to me, causing me to gulp. "You're flattering me, Annabeth," he pointed out sitting down beside me. "What do you want?"

I crawled over to face him and sat on my heels. "A kiss?" I suggested, leaning in close.

He smiled and gave me a brief peck. "Come on, we've got to get you cleaned up so we can sleep, alright?"

I groaned. "Babe," I whined, "I don't wanna sleep! I wanna make out!"

Percy laughed nervously, the tips of his ears turning red. "What has gotten in to you?" he asked rhetorically. He popped open the lid to the makeup remover and pulled out a crisp white wipe. "Stay still," he ordered.

I blew air through my lips, causing them to make a funny noise and sending me into hysterics. "My mouth farted," I cackled.

"Uh huh," Percy deadpanned. "Indeed it did."