{6} MY BEST FRIEND CALLS ME CUTE AND IS SO JEALOUS THAT HE MARKS ME {6}

Another runner up cover by Dizznee_Worldtho!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNABETH CHASE

8-30-20

"Can you move the bed another few inches to the right, Perce?"

He nodded, giving the frame a shove.

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "Not that far."

Percy sighed, nudging the furniture piece back to the left again.

I grinned. "Perfect. Now, whenever my roommate arrives, the room will be split exactly."

He rolled his eyes. "It looks the same as when we got here."

I narrowed my eyes back at him. "But it isn't, and that's what matters."

Percy laughed. "Whatever, Wise Girl. Are you finished unpacking?"

"Technically, no, but I've done enough that I think we can stop for today. Are you ready for a late-lunch break?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm starving, especially after that stupid five-hour flight. Let's drop off my things at my dorm, and then head to a diner or something."

"Sounds good," I agreed.

I followed Percy out of my new home for the next four years. I locked the door behind me before turning to my boyfriend and grabbing his hand. Together, we walked down the hallway and towards the stairs.

"Race you!" Percy shouted, taking off down the stairway.

"Percy, that's not fair! Wait - "

But he had already made it to the first landing, so I just rolled my eyes and sprinted down the steps.

Less than a minute later, the two of us were out of breath after dashing down four flights of stairs.

"I totally won," Percy teased after regaining some air.

I scoffed. "Yeah, by two seconds after getting a ten-second head start. Therefore," I paused, walking over to him and raising onto my tiptoes, "I'm faster."

He smirked, looking down at me and kissing the tip of my nose. "You're cute when you get defensive."

I shoved his chest, and he laughed as he stumbled away from me. 

"Come on, I'm starving and we still have to stop at your dorm. I may be cute while I'm defensive, but I am not cute whilst hungry."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About thirty minutes after leaving my dorm building, we had arrived at a small diner not far from the OAAA campus. It was called Hestia's Hearth, and the aroma escaping the doorway whenever it opened was godly.

Percy held the door open for me and I tried my best to restrain the blush coating my cheeks. I sped inside and read the sign by the entrance, telling patrons to seat themselves.

"Look, there's an empty booth by that window. Let's sit there."

"Okay, sounds good," Percy murmured, grasping my hand and squeezing it tightly as we waltzed over.

I was about to sit down on the left seat of the booth, but Percy coughed.

"I want to sit there," he declared.

I smiled, laughing a bit. "Oh, okay."

Sitting across from Percy, I scanned the restaurant. Lining the walls of the area were all booth seats. The booths were all coated in shiny, ruby red vinyl, as were the stool seats at the breakfast bar. In the center of the room were a variety of two-person, four-person, and six-person tables. Decorating the walls were different portraits of the twelve Olympians, as well as depictions of several Greek myths. Above our booth was a picture of Perseus holding Medusa's decapitated head. How fitting.