Bonus Chapter

A/N: So I couldn't let this story go. I saw this picture on tumblr and I knew that I needed to write another chapter of this story with Lena and Kara's kids during their teenage years so here it is. This 6k word monster took me like two weeks to finish. Enjoy!

 Where has the time gone? I feel like just yesterday I was changing Athena's diapers and now our baby girl just finished her second year of college at MIT

Where has the time gone? I feel like just yesterday I was changing Athena's diapers and now our baby girl just finished her second year of college at MIT. Athena definitely followed in Lena's footsteps when it came to her smarts. From a young age Lena had Athena wrapped around her finger when it came to math and science. They were always in the lab working on new inventions together.

            It came to no surprise to us that Athena skipped a few grades. At first Lena and I were undecided about having Athena stay at home or go to a private school. But as we saw her start to really excel in school we gave her the choice on whether she wanted to go to boarding school or stay home. Athena jumped at the idea of boarding school and it wasn't long before we were moving her into her room at the same school Lena went to in Ireland.

            We made it clear to Athena that she could come home whenever she wanted. Lena and I took it harder than she did when we were leaving. But the one who took it the hardest was Connor. Athena and him were as thick as thieves. They did everything together. Wherever Athena went she always made sure Connor was right behind her. She is the best big sister and I love the bond that the too share.

            It was hard for Connor to come to terms with her leaving. He understood that she wanted to go away but he missed her terribly. Whenever the school had breaks Athena would always come home. Either I would fly to pick her up or Lena would hop on a plane but that is when Connor was the happiest. Heck we were all happy when Athena was back home.

            She was our little ray of sunshine. Just like when she was a baby Athena was always smiling and always in a good mood. We didn't know how it happened but she was never a fussy child. There was no raging teenage girl hormones that Lena and I were so dreading having to deal with. I think maybe the only time we have ever seen her upset was when Tesla died. She grew up with him and loved him dearly so when she found out he died she was heartbroken.

            As for our little man Connor, he definitely got all of the moodiness that Athena never had. He was a good boy and always did what he was told but the sass and attitude on that kid sometimes gave me whiplash. As he started to grow up Connor loved sports. Anything that had a ball he wanted to play. Lena and I could barely keep up with him and his new favor sport. At one point I swore it changed every day.

            Unlike his sister Connor didn't really like school. He was much more interested in sports and didn't really care to much about his grades so he goes to public school here in Midvale. At first Lena and I had him in private school but he didn't like it. He like to play and hang out with the kids on our block and they all went to public school. So after a lot of begging (mainly for Lena) we switched Connor into public school.