twentyfour

Kara's POV:

            "Where is Superman right now?" I asked once the phone call ended.

            "He's in Metropolis, I'm calling him now." Winn said and started dialing Kal.

            "Go for Superman" Kal said.

            "Kal I need your help." I said right away.

            "What's wrong Kara?" He asked.

            "Lex, he took Lena and he is blowing up buildings and the only way he will stop is if we trade ourselves for Lena." I said and watched the CatCo building explode with fire.

            "I'm on my way Kara." Kal said and hung up the phone.

            "Please have a team go to CatCo." I said and tears poured out of my eyes.

            Lex is ripping everything I love apart in the matter of a couple of hours. I sat in a chair and watched as fire raged through the floors of CatCo. Somehow the building is still standing and I don't know what to do. I need to be there. I need to help my coworkers and get them out of the building but I can't find the strength to move from this chair.

            Alex and Maggie were assembling strike teams with J'onn, Winn and James were going through the blueprints of L Corp looking for possible hide outs and weaknesses that could be exploited and Sam is going through the papers Eve gave us with a fine-tooth comb trying to find anything we might have missed. All while I sat in this chair. I felt weak. I could barely find the strength to breath as everyone worked as a team around me to save the woman I love.

            The woman I love. The woman with the striking green eyes and the strongest jaw line I have ever seen. The woman who is too smart for her own good. The woman who is trying to save the world one invention at a time. The woman who helped me walk again. The woman I am hopelessly head over heels in love with is in the hands of her deranged brother and I don't know if I can save her.

            "Kara" I heard in front of me and my eyes somehow pulled together and focused. Alex is crouching down in front of me, her hand on my knee.

            "Kara, honey, we need your help to finish the plan and get you girl back okay." Alex said and gripped on my knee keeping me in the moment.

            I took a shaky breath and I nodded. Alex stood up and held her hand out. I looked at it for a moment to look and grabbed it with my hand and pulled myself to my feet. Lena needs me. I need to save her.

            Everyone was looking at me and I needed to take a few more deep breaths before a nodded for them to continue explaining the plan. Right now the plan was simple, I was going to give myself to Lex for Lena. Kal would have to meet us at the office coming from Metropolis which is all the way across the country. I'm still going in my wheel chair though dressed as Supergirl in my new suit. I would have to stall for Superman to get there. Once he got there we would take Lex down. Alex and Maggie have strike teams waiting in the building if things got out of hand and in varies buildings that are next to L Corp.

            The plan was set. Now it's time to execute it. I followed behind Alex into the waiting van. Her and Maggie would be waiting in the lobby during the exchange, hoping to cut anybody off if things go sideways. We pulled up to L Corp a few minutes later and it took everything in me not to look up at CatCo's building. I couldn't afford the tears right now. This is game time.

            Alex looked around the sidewalk before she got out of the van to get the wheelchair ready for me. The streets around L Corp were empty. Everyone is hiding in their homes afraid of what else can happen to the city they call home in the coming minutes. Alex and Maggie walked into the building with me and we all looked around.