nine.

NINE !
IT GETS WORSE

NINE !IT GETS WORSE

SERENA'S POV.
I SPENT HOURS crying over my mothers death. I cradled her dead body and held her close to my chest. I tried to stop crying so I can call Damon or Elena or anyone for help, but I couldn't bring myself to it. My heart was in so much pain and it felt even worse because I no longer have Klaus by my side. To be here with me. I felt alone.

Why did this happen to me? I should've never came to Mystic Falls. I thought to myself.

"Serena!" I hear a familiar voice yell. I quickly got up and ran downstairs to see my brother standing there. In front of my dead father. My heart broke even more.

"What happened?" He questions.

I turned to him, "j-just stay here. I'm going to call someone." Serena says. I quickly ran up the stairs and searched for my phone. I dialed Elena's number and awaited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Elena! Please come to my house. I need you. Something terrible happened-" before I could finish my story, I heard the doorbell go off. I quickly bolted down the stairs to see that my brother already opened the front door.

"What happened?" Elena asked as she walked in with Damon and Stefan by her side.

I ran into her arms and started crying, "He killed them, Elena. Tyler killed my parents." I sobbed. Tear falling down my cheeks like waterfalls. I felt Elena caress my hair and hugging me tightly with her other arm. Elena knows better then anyone how it feel to lose your own parents.

"I'm so sorry, Serena." Elena says, with hurt in her voice.

"Wait till I get my hands on Tyler. I'm going to kill him." Damon threaten as he balls his hands into tight fists.

Elena released me and turned to looks at Damon, "call Stefan and Bonnie. Explained to them what happened and see if Bonnie can do a locator spell." Elena orders as she held my hand.

I loosen my grip on her hand and Elena turned to face me as I did so. "You should go, Elena. Help them. I have to find some way to tell my brother what happened to our parents." I tell her.

"If you want we can compel him to forget everything and send him off somewhere far from here." Damon suggests with a sad smile.

I shook my head no, "I can't have him forget the death of my parents. Maybe you can just tell him that they died in a car accident and then send him off somewhere. Some where far from here. Make sure he doesn't grieve or hurt, but that he knows that our parents is dead." I told Damon as I looked down at my shacking hands. It was better to just send him off somewhere that's not here. Who knows if Tyler will try to kill him too. Leaving me with no family.

"Okay, how about I help your brother and take him to a bus stop so he goes somewhere else. To start a new life and when this situation is over, we can bring him back. Damon, stick to the plan I told you before." Elena plans out and she then turned to me. She looks into my eyes with determination and placing her hands on my shoulder. "Serena, you tell me as soon as possible if someone comes here. Don't let anyone into your house for nothing." She demands.

I nod my head in agreement, "okay."

She flashes me a kind smile and went to look for my brother to take him with her. Once she found him, she left the house with him and Damon followed right behind.

I quickly locked the front door behind them. I pressed my forehead against the door and released a tired sigh. Holding back my tears that were ready to fall.

I back away from the front door when there was a knock on it.

"Serena." A familiar voiced called.

My eyes went wide, "Klaus?" I whispered to myself. I wanted to let him, but I was still so angry with him. Hurt. How could he leave me? 

"Let me in. Please." Klaus pleads. I heard him pressed his hand against the door and I moved away from it.

"I don't want to see you, Klaus." I say, turning my back to the door.

"Serena," he whispers, sadly. "I'm sorry for what I did. I was just trying to protect you. I should've never left you. It was the worst decision I ever made in my one thousand years of life." Klaus begs, sounding completely hurt broken.

I turned back around towards my front door. I unlocked the locks and placed my hand on the door handle. Opening the door and allowing Klaus to enter. He quickly came in and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, Serena." He apologizes, over and over again. Sounding as if he was crying, but I had a feeling he was trying hard to hold back his tears.

"Klaus, it's okay." I tell him and I hugged him back. "I'm not angry at you and none of this is you're fault." I also say as I caressed his blonde hair.

Help pulls away from the hug and looks down at me, "I'm going to kill him. I going to kill Tyler and make him regret what he did." Klaus swore as he moved my hair from covering my face.

I shook my head and took his hands in mine, "no, Klaus. It's not even worth it." I said, trying to hold back my own tears from everything that has happened tonight. "I- I don't want revenge. I don't want to get back at him. It won't make me different from him." I tell Klaus as I laid my head on his chest. Letting a few tears fall. "My parents didn't deserve this. This is my fault. He should've killed me instead. They were never a part of this situation. They had nothing to do with this..." I cried. My sobs starting to become uncontrollable.

"This isn't your fault, Serena. It's mine. I shouldn't have involved you in this kind of life." Klaus spoke as he held me tightly.

I pulled away and looked up at him with my tear stained cheeks. "It's not, Klaus. It's mine. A little part of me refused to listen to Tyler. To stop seeing you because I like you so much and I didn't want to lose you."

He shakes his head, "I still can't help but blame myself." Klaus said to me.

I laid my head on his chest again as he wrapped his arms around me. I knew Klaus blamed himself. Tyler constantly told me to stay away from Klaus and they almost got into a fight at the dance, but I didn't care what he told me.

But since I chose Klaus, look at what the outcome was. If there's anyone to blame, it's myself. This all happened because of me and no one can change that thought from my mind.