chapter 47: a funny little thing called fate

Start from the beginning

"Forget it-" Jungkook groaned as he closed his eyes. "You know what? I don't even have energy to argue with you right now. Just get out."

Jieun's jaw dropped. "Excuse me, I was taking care of you when you were unconscious-"

"And I'm awake now-" Jungkook said agitatedly, barely looking at Jieun. "So you can go."

"You think I wanna be here?" Jieun's eyes flared as she took her seat once more. "I'm still angry with you too, you know? But unlike you, I'm a person who keeps my private and work life separate. So just shut up and let me take care of you - you're still unwell."

Jungkook was quiet as he turned his back to face Jieun instead.

"The doctor says you're overworked and highly recommended you to go home and rest after this," Jieun explained. "So you probably don't have to stay for the rest of the events."

Jungkook let out a soft "yes!" under his breath.

Jieun rolled her eyes and scoffed. "I know you don't want me here and neither do I, but like I said, right now I'm a makeup artist, can you let me touch up your makeup right now?"

"You said that I'm going home...?" Jungkook turned around to face Jieun with a frown. "In that case, why would you even need to touch up my makeup? It's not like I'm appearing on camera again-"

"Orders from Seokjin-oppa-" Jieun shrugged as she took out her makeup tools. "If you want, go complain to him. I already told you - I'm just here to work today."

"In that case..." Jungkook pursed his lips. "Get Soojin-ssi here. I want her to do my makeup instead."

"She's busy."

"Bring Yuqi-ssi here then-" Jungkook clucked his tongue agitatedly. "Or Shuhua-ssi, or someone else - just not you."

"They're all busy attending to your hoobaes, JK-ssi-" Jieun rolled her eyes as she opened her eye shadow palette. "You're not the only one from BG Entertainment here today. So can you stop being so childish and demanding and just let me touch up your makeup already?"

"No, I don't want to."

"Oh, well, too bad-" Jieun forcefully grabbed Jungkook by his shoulder and pushed him against his bed frame, while using one hand to try to brush some eye shadow onto his upper eyelid.

Jungkook tried his best to fend off her attacks. "I said, I didn't want it!"

"Stop struggling!" Jieun insisted as Jungkook grabbed both her hands and pushed them away. "Just- let- me- finish-"

"I don't want to!" Jungkook struggled and through the chaos, Jieun's accidentally slashed one big line of blue eye shadow across his face. "Ya!"

"Omo-" Jieun gasped as she took a step back, surprised by what had just happened. But then she caught glimpse of Jungkook's comical face and couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Wait-"

"You're laughing? You still have the nerve to laugh at me?" Jungkook seethed with anger as he looked himself in the mirror by his bed side. "I already told you I didn't want you to do my makeup! Why did you have to insist on doing so?"

"Ah- I-" Jieun bit her lower lip, trying not to laugh, but every time she caught sight of Jungkook's face, she burst into fits of laughter. "I'm sorry, I just-"

"You're not sorry-"

Jungkook inhaled sharply as he lunged forward without warning and grabbed a makeup brush from Jieun's pouch. He launched it towards her face and it hit her just before she could dodge. A huge patch of purple appeared on her face at once.