chapter 47: a funny little thing called fate

Start from the beginning

Ring! Ring!

"Oh-" Chungha looked down into her phone. "It's Hoseok-oppa."

"Oh-" Hyejin bit her lower lip and lowered her head. "They must have seen the footage back at the office, sunbae-nim. You better pick up."

Chungha eyed Hyejin with an unreadable expression as she accepted the phone call and held her phone up to her ear. "Hello?"

Hyejin held her breath as she watched Chungha nod a few times and say "mm" and "got it" a few times in response. Then finally, she put down the phone and looked up at Hyejin.

"What did they say, sunbae-nin?" Hyejin furrowed her eyebrows nervously. "Was it really bad? Did I do a bad job? They can't use it, can they?"

Chungha stared at her, her lips pursed tight.

"Sunbae-nim!" Hyejin was getting anxious as she grabbed onto Chungha's sleeve. "Can you at least say something? I'm getting nervous. I'm not fired, am I? Even if I did a bad job, can't you at least say so-"

"Hyejin-ssi-" Chungha had a poker face as she continued. "They received the footage and they liked it, so they used it right away in their 8am news segment."

Hyejin was so stunned she couldn't even speak.

The sides of Chungha's lips curled upwards as she grabbed Hyejin by her shoulders, shaking her slightly. "Hyejin-ssi, you're on TV."

-•-•-

"He's just extremely dehydrated and sleep-deprived. With the combination of exhaustion and excessive heat, he fainted. He'll be fine once he wakes up, but I strongly recommend him to go home and rest after this. He is definitely overworked."

"Thank you, paksa-nim - I'll definitely take note of that." Seokjin nodded as he glanced over at Jungkook with a worried frown on his face. "Let's go out and talk. Jieun-ah, can you watch over him in the time-being?"

"I don't want to-"

"Tsk-" Seokjin frowned. "He's already in this state right now, can't you just put your arguments aside for the time-being...?"

Jieun sat down in the chair next to Jungkook's bed unwillingly, as Seokjin left the room with the doctor.

"Why did you run so hard?" Jieun frowned as she reached out and pushed a strand of hair out of Jungkook's gorgeous face. "You barely even had any sleep... must you really be that competitive? And all because of what? Because it's Kim Taehyung that is your competitor? Is that it?"

To her surprise, Jungkook stirred and his eyes fluttered open slowly. She had intended to leave before he woke up because she was still kinda angry with him, but it was way too late. He was already awake, and he was staring directly at her. She had no where to run.

"Um-" Jieun swallowed hard as she looked away. "You feeling better...?"

"What am I doing here...?" Jungkook asked, clearly still in a daze as he tried to sit up in bed. "What happened?"

"You fainted from exhaustion-" Jieun said as she helped him sit up. "The first-aiders brought you here to rest. That's why... who asked you to push yourself so much..."

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook gave Jieun a cold look, before pushing her hands away from him. "If it's exhaustion, aren't you responsible for it? I couldn't sleep last night because of you."

Jieun frowned. "Who are you blaming right now? If you hadn't met me at all, wouldn't it be the same thing? Besides, you're the one that pissed me off - it's not like I didn't want to help you because I was being mean or something."