3

(EDITED)

The time had come.

I found a suit and mask in one of the castle's storage cupboards. It was a cat suit with ears and all but okay, anything to get in there unnoticed.

I looked around the corner of the door and heard the boys in Ashton's room watching a movie.

Mary would probably already be sleeping, she is elderly and has worked hard today.

I saw no one in the corridors and walked through the dark hallways, this time mostly illuminated by the moonlight shining in.

I slipped through the rooms and ended up at the ballroom.

No one would suspect me because of my mask and outfit so I went to the dance floor hoping to see Jason.

I looked around for half an hour but didn't see him.

The room was getting stuffy so I decided to go to the balcony of the ballroom to get some fresh air.

I looked outside and had a view of the garden which had beautiful flowers.

"Good evening mister kitty." I turned around.

In fromt of me was a man, dressed in a king's suit, a cloth wrapped around his mouth, leaving only his bright green eyes visible.

A crown was placed on his brown curly hair and I must say, he is the most beautiful man I have ever seen, even prettier than Jason I must admit.

I couldn't help blushing.

"Good evening as well, Golden boy."

He smiled, "where did you get that name from?"

I pointed to his outfit that contained shades of gold.

He now noticed it and laughed, "oh yes, I must say I haven't even been noticed here yet, so sorry for my shyness."

"I guess if you have the courage to call me kitty you can't be too shy," I winked.

He laughed, "you are something else mister, and excuse me for my curiousity but I have to ask, what is a georgeous man like you doing here instead of dancing in the ballroom, I'm sure plenty of people would be honoured by dancing with you."

I giggled, "needed some fresh air I think, I'm actually also waiting for someone." A glimpse of what seemed to be jealous appeared in his eyes, "I wouldn't wait Mr. Kitty, a man like you needs to be around the people," he teased.

I nodded and turned around, my back facing him, "I hope we will meet again, Golden Boy, our conversations was lovely." Without waiting for reply I walked away and surrounded me again among the people.

I danced a little and rolled my eyes every time I had a creep on my legs almost begging for a dance.

I have to say that Golden Boy didn't left my head and I was almost disappointed when I didn't see him on the dance floor.

When I looked back I saw someone else I was looking for tonight: Jason.

He had 2 girls hanging on his arms, but he didn't seem to care.

I recognized him from thousands of the helmet he was wearing, he had hardly changed in those 2 years.

I walked over to him, "hello Jason." He seemed almost shocked by my appearance. "Louis," he said curtly.

"Can we talk?"

He seemed to be in doubt, "anything you want to say can be discussed here."

I growled, "I thought that was not what I asked?" He swallowed audibly and followed me out.

"Jason why didn't you call me or something when you heard I was pregnant?" He was startled," y-you were pregnant?"

I nodded in surprise, "I came to your house and your mother told me that you are married to a lady, you didn't want anything with me. I sent you another letter and all!"

He hit my cheek, "you know my mom never liked you! She didn't tell me you were pregnant! She told me you didn't want anything more with me, but it didn't matter, it was all a mistake. We were young, Louis." I was taken back.

Actually not even sad, more angry. He never loved me?!

"I never want to see you again. Not with me and not with my daughter, you idiot!" I kicked him into his private areas and rushed inside.

Automatically I came out to the balcony, as if it were all instinct.

What was all this? I was wrong all this time, but I have Dite, which is more important.

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't heard the man behind me.

"Hello Mr. Kitty."

I recognized that voice out of thousands even though I had only heard it in one conversation earlier.

"Golden boy."

《《《《《《

Havin B-day vibes, hope ya all like this book! 🦋