Chapter 12- Cramps&Hormones

Start from the beginning

"She is getting better, at least she is talking" I heard mom say, "place the tray on the table."

After a moment of complete silence, guess they were waiting for me to battle out this current pain, mom spoke up, "Kayla, Arike brought some drugs, she says it's good for cramps."

I was about to decline because it is evil thing we are talking about here but mom rushed on, "I know you hate drugs but you need to take it if you want the pain to reduce and also eat something."

At the mention of food, I scrunch up my nose in disgust. Cramps made me this way, I always end up puking the food.

"I hate food!" I say as I groaned in pain.

"Wow, this is new coming from you." A voice sounded from the door way.

I knew that voice, Derrick's.

My eyes flew open almost immediately, I looked to the door and saw him standing just by the doorway staring at me as usual.

What is he doing here?

I tried sitting up, but I could only do half lying and half sitting because of the pain.

"Mom, what is he doing here and how long has he been there standing and watching?" I asked flailing my hands, looking at mom.

Mom became mute all of a sudden.

"I am standing here you know, you could direct the question to me princess."

Yeah right, I am embarrassed as it is.

How could he see me this way?

"I just got here by the way and met the door opened," he paused at the sound of moms phone ringing.

"Sorry, I have to pick this call it's your dad calling," mom said, standing up.

Dad had gone out early this morning to a meeting where he was representing grandma.

"And try taking the drugs," she pleaded. She hated seeing me in pains.

"But you would still end up telling dad I took drugs." Dad had a thing against using drugs to relieve menstrual pains.

"I'll try not to," she said, chewing on her lips.

She definitely will, she can't seem to keep things away from Dad.

"Okay then," I said, not really caring what dad would say, I needed something to relieve me as soon as possible, unless I would die.

Her phone rang again and she made her way outside to pick the call, while Derrick came over to sit on the place mom vacated.

Woah, he is really close.

I could smell his after shave, he always smell so nice.

"Princess, did you hear what I just said?"

I am sorry, what?

I hadn't hear him speak, I was only focused on how close we were and his after shave.

"Uhm, please come again," I looked up at him.

He tsked and shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips.

"I said, the reason why I am here is because, I texted you this morning to tell you that we wouldn't be leaving at the usual time and when I didn't get a response I came to check on you."