31

"THE MEMO."

"Since we are all good to go now, again thank you for calling customer support, have a good night." I disconnected the call happily for now I was able to provide good assistance to my caller, this isn't my first call for I have been doing this for the past 2 years already.

A memo came into my system, probably from my manager again, I scoffed, standing as I put on my coat before going into his office.

"Hi Tyron, thank you for responding to my memo, I just have something important to tell you." the silence isn't dead for I was also wondering what it is, I sat in front of him and attentive listen,

"the management meeting discussed about getting the employees to work at home for their convenience, since we cannot accommodate all on site during the pandemic issue, we are offering optional work from home option to all employees." hmm, sounds like a good thing to me, I gave him a respectful not and responded,

"so, you want me to reconsider working from home?", "yes, that's the plan." I gave a few thoughts before giving his extended hand a shake as a sign of agreement,

maybe working at home isn't a bad thing since my new apartment's quite distant from public and transportation noises, so I agreed, we discussed a few things then I ended my shift later on.

I went to my new apartment which is this condominium a few miles away from the suburban area, budget wise and work wise, this place is a perfect fit for my job since I am considering work at home already.

The next day, I had the facility helpers deliver the computer parts at my apartment for setup, "thanks guys, if ever I need them taken I'll just give your phones a ring. "That should do it, here we go.. There!" I spent a few hours setting it up before taking a good rest,

rumors spread that the building has a lot of history but as I said, I never believe in something very unusual as long as I haven't gotten any proof, to which I never did days after moving in.

Tonight is the first night that I am taking in calls. "Logging in already team." I gave my teammates a signal that I am already taking in calls that night, "hi thank you for calling this is Tyron, who am I speaking with? Hello?"

"Hello?", finally the caller responded, "hi how can I help you?"

"I just have some inquiries about the service." after giving his statement we discussed the services and I believe he was a bit hyped about it, "by the way nice music you got there." I complemented the caller's choice of music, "oh no, I wasn't listening to anything, it may be on your line." hmm, strange?

I wasn't playing anything and it's against the policy, well, whatever. I gave a shrug and ended the call well to take the next ones.

It continued for nights since I am from the graveyard shift,
"hi thank you for calling this is tyron, who am I speaking with?" my usual spiel before taking in calls was nothing but an icing on a cake, basic.

Memo received, this is what my system says tonight, I opened it and it was an observation from an analyst, just someone who listen and observe an agent's call to make sure it follows the policy. I opened, read it and noticed that I have been marked negative for not following noise and silence policy.

I was shocked! Stupendously I haven't been making unnecessary noises during my calls. I looked for a comment but the analyst didn't leave any. I shrugged it, it was the end of my shift and I need to rest.

Nights passed, a lot of calls being taken and shockingly, second memo as well. I have been working clean since day one of my service and these are the firsts of my negative marks. "Hi thank you for calling.." something is bothering me, something makes me feel uneasy.

The rumors that I kept on hearing the past days from distant neighborhood is bothering me but I am still eager to continue my work, I have to.

"Again thank you for calling, have a great night." I ended the call as stretched out, I have been feeling uneasy lately, the sound coming from my system made me open my eyes,

I opened it, and as expected, I have been marked negative again on the noise and silence policy, what did I do?!

I was about to call this analyst some bad names inside my head when the comment area took my attention, now it's not empty.

For what I read sent chills down my spine and I noticed my sweat got cold,

"whispers on the agent's line, somebody calling his name which should be avoided, advise agent to do an appropriate action plan before call."

"Tyron." I sat still, eyes open not bothering to take a look, for I have not been in call right now, but someone is whispering my name.