•Nᴇᴘᴇɴᴛʜᴇ•20

Pʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ
Nᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 26ᴛʜ
𝙺𝙰𝙷𝚁𝙸 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰 𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙾
Bʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ, Nᴇᴡ Yᴏʀᴋ

PʀᴇsᴇɴᴛNᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 26ᴛʜ𝙺𝙰𝙷𝚁𝙸 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰 𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙾 Bʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ, Nᴇᴡ Yᴏʀᴋ

┊ ⋆ ┊   .   ┊   ┊
★   ┊⋆  ┊   .
┊    ┊       ⋆˚ ✧
✧.
⋆ ★

"𝐇𝐎𝐖 long you gon' look at that damn phone Kahri?" My Aunt said, as she walked over to the table and placed the baked ham onto it gently.

I smile lightly "I'm just waiting on a text from my friend"

She looked at me touching my face softly "Alright"

I flinched as she stroked my hair "I love the blond I don't know why your cousins don't like it"

"Thank you," I mumbled

She patted my shoulder before she walked away and I cringed.

It had been a while since I was around my so-called family and it probably was the most uncomfortable position I had ever been in a while. They all acted as they liked me for the sole purpose of my mother but they knew and I knew damn well that they hated even being around me.

My cousins Amira and Tiana snuck glances at me throughout the afternoon and once I made eye contact they'd give me the dirtiest looks and would still later have the nerve to speak to me.

As I sat at the table I opened my phone going to contacts and clicked on Aries number making that the 4th time today.

But who was counting anyway?

I hadn't talked to him ever since we were at Diamonds and that girl had followed him out. Ever since then he hadn't messaged me back and didn't even come to the club anymore.

Instead of feeling sad, all I felt was irritation he could've left me alone I was doing perfectly fine without him. Now I'm left alone once again with wounds that we're once sewn closed to now open wounds he forced opened.

This was annoying.

He helped me a few times and now it was as if I couldn't even live without seeing his face.

It was so weird.

You'd think 4 years later I wouldn't feel this way towards him anymore but I always managed to shock myself.

Amira and Tiana walked towards me hardly being able to hold eye contact with me.

"Where's the bathroom?" Tiana questioned