2

I just sent the mail.

Not even a minute after, my phone rang telling me goddessp or whatever replied.

demigoddessp@mail.com
Subject: Re: um roadtrip?

damn i didnt think youd agree. come by our store tomorrow so we could talk abt it!

I didn't think so either, but I did it anyway. What would Mom and Dad even say? I panicked slightly but laughed it off. I bit my lower lip lightly, thinking about what to do if that road trip really happens.

I don't really know why I'm doing this with a complete stranger when I could be doing it with Sab and Todd instead. But something in me just tells me to go through with this idea. Was it adrenaline? I honestly don't know.

Excited for tomorrow's little trip, I forced myself to sleep, though failed miserably. At around 4-ish AM, I finally succeeded.

--

My phone alarm rang, I set at 10:30AM so I could go to the neighboring town, the one where the art store was located.

I jumped off the bed and headed straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hit the shower.

My outfit for today is a muted yellow button down shirt that's about two sizes larger than my frame, a khaki shorts ending two to three inches above my knees paired with a black belt. I wore my buttercup hightop converse and brought a tote bag with a John Green quote on it with me downstairs.

I was greeted by my Mom who is just clearing the table from their breakfast. I walked up to her and kissed her cheek. She asked where I was going and told her I was off to the art store.

'Oh can you please buy me embroidery threads there? I got four blank pillowcases for a dollar yesterday and I want to play with it.' She said, getting her coin purse by our kitchen island. She gave me a 50 and told me to keep the change.

I helped myself with a piece of waffles and sipped the orange juice Mom made before heading out.

I connected my phone to the radio as soon as I got into my car and played my 🦋 playlist which has chill songs I like listening to when I'm alone.

The whole 20 minute ride of humming tunes and playing the dog game from HIMYM was concluded with one of my most favorite songs from the list. It was nearing the end so I stayed inside to finish it while I adjusted the air-conditioning.

And I know, and I know, and I know

You don't know, you don't know me well

And I know, and I know, and I know

I don't know how to be myself

I didn't know the lyrics that much after this line so I threw random gibberish shit until the chorus.

So I'll follow you down this rabbit hole

Till I don't know how to let you go

Watch all of my sanity go up in smoke

Cause I'd rather be going crazy than to be alone

After torturing the steering wheel by drumming on it until the song ended, I finally stood up and left my car. I walked towards the art store. I've been going here almost all my life. Dad drove me here one day when I was around 5 years old and this is where he bought me my very first watercolor set. Years passed and even if there are new and modern art stores which were nearer, I still chose to go to this one.

It is a little cottage whose brick walls were filled with vines and tiny lilac wildflowers. The little wooden sign beside the mailbox that was hammered said 'Moon Art Bar' in a childlike penmanship, the "n" on it written backwards.