Prologue

I can hear the light buzzes of cars from the highway all the way to my unlit room. There were only two things left illuminating my almost pitch black sanctuary; it was my phone that shone an orange glare on my face, and the twinkling blue lights from the wifi router.

I glanced at the top of my screen, the clock says 12:06AM, I didn't even notice the previous day ending.

I slid one airpod on my ear, looked for a chill lofi song to jam on, and looked at the ajar window beside me. It was a bummer, I thought, for tonight was starless, but the moon was nearly full that the almost always bland sky looked a very pretty gradient of deep shades of blue.

'Happy birthday, Ashley.', I greeted my now eighteen year old self.

Singing along to the second verse of Owl City's Fireflies, I tried to think of new things I could and should try now that I'm considered as an adult.

I giggled at the giddy thought I just had.

With what felt like my seventeenth attempt of turning my phone off and blinking rapidly for around thirty seconds or forty five, I sighed and finally gave up on trying to sleep early tonight.

I opened the YouTube app and at the very top of the recommended videos, was this particular one that caught my eye.

Hayley Williams laughing for 3 minutes straight

I clicked on it and watched the entire thing, smiling like a total idiot. I ended up watching a couple more silly videos like that one and went pretty much into the weird side of YouTube and the creepy conspiracy theories. The slight chance of me sleeping when the sun's still nowhere to be seen is slowly, but most probably, slipping off. It was almost 3 in the morning and I didn't bother actually turning the autoplay feature off, so the next video just started playing. 

I went on a Roadtrip with a Stranger

'No,' I thought to myself, shaking my head lightly. 'I could never.'

My thumbs just sort of moved to its own accord and typed a comment on the video that I reckon no one's going to notice. I shrugged it off and went straight to Netflix.

And after a half season's worth of episodes of How I Met Your Mother, I finally drifted to sleep.