annoyance, awkwardness, and a tad bit of embarrassment

Start from the beginning

"let's just say that we're pretty close, todoroki-san." the boy nods and stands up, walking away to where the other boys are.

well that was kinda strange

'ya think?'

shut it

the arrival of bakugou and kirishima sure was eventful and cut me out of my internal argument with the little shit, and my lips quirked at the sight of the redhead holding the explosive asshole back from murdering an innocent child.

this class is so interesting.

ultimately, a race was decided upon, and for some reason i ended up standing with the girls while the guys fought over that stupid alpha male bullshit that drives them to be morons.

"guys are dumbasses."

kyoka snorts as they other girls sputter and laugh at my bluntness, even catching the attention of some of the boys before momo used the whistle to start. i wasn't surprised that bakugou, todoroki, and midoriya had won the races. they're all pretty much the most powerful in class, midoriya even more so now because of his new skills.

just as the three boys prepared to do the final race, they all jumped and fell in the water, making me burst into laughter at the ridiculous looks on their faces as they did so.

aizawa saying that our time was up, though, made tears come to my eyes as i just laughed harder.

"rin-chan?"

i stop laughing and look over at the other girls who stare at me in shock and amazement.

"yeah-yeah? what's up?" i ask, calming down from the high of laughter.

"that's... that's the first time we've heard you laugh. well, at least that openly and happily," ochaco states, and as i process her words, my face flushes hotly and i try to hide myself from the eyes of my classmates.

"aww, she's shy!" toru coos teasingly and i swat at her, missing her undoubtedly because i can't even see her arm.

"don't worry, rin-chan! it was a very cute laugh!" mina exclaims, tackling me once again, and laughter came from the other girls at the display. i even heard a few of the boys chuckling at her antics

"hey! we should all go out and get something to eat together! you know, just us girls?" the brunette girl suggests and after hearing agreements come from the others, i give mine as well and we head off. kyoka loops her arm with mine, to my flustered surprise, but i just enjoy it as we all laugh and talk as we head to whatever restaurant the girls had decided on.

reaching the place, momo orders us a table and we wait a few minutes before being escorted to the table big enough for the six of us, and the conversation never stops.

"rin-chan, why didn't you want to come in the water with us? it was weird seeing you on the side while the rest of us had fun," tsu abruptly asks and my head snaps to attention.

"uh, well, i'm not really a big swimmer because i've never really had the time for it, and i just don't feel comfortable wearing a swimsuit. makes me feel self conscious." the girls nod in understanding and the talk shifts to boys, family, and other such topics as we finish eating.

leaving the restaurant, i say goodbye to the girls and head off down the familiar street to my apartment.

"we leave for the training camp soon."

you're gonna have to eat more if you don't want get sick while we're out there

"considering they'll likely force us to eat enough while we're there, i don't think that's a major problem."

alright, but still. make sure that you eat enough, i don't need my host dying on me

"dude, if i die, you die, you're my quirk, remember?"

yeah, i get it, dumbass

"fuck twat."

—————

lol i meant to update when i woke up earlier so sorry ig