Chapter 38: New begginings

Start from the beginning

"No." I sound pathetic.

"Now, I know you're lying to me." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not." I bluntly state.
Yes I am.
Shut up Sienna.

"How do you expect me to trust you if you're just going to lie?" He scoffs raising an eyebrow at me.

Clearly, that hit a sore spot for me, "Look who's talking." I say crossing my arms tightly over my chest.
My petty side takes over my mouth, not the smartest of options.

"Watch your mouth love." He says eyeballing me.

This little sh-
Sienna calm down.

"First your all lovey dovey and then you start acting weird and distant and then you try to fuck me on the gym floor and now I don't know what the hell you are." I say, almost on the brink of tears by the end of it.

No bitch. We are NOT going to cry.

"Dominico, I'm not going back and forth with you... I can't put myself through it so if you're not going to tell me what's up with you then this is not going to work." I stand my ground, hurt and annoyed.

I can't read what he's feeling, it's like he's emotionless or maybe he's just good at hiding it.
Either way I'm the one that looks like a train wreck right about now.

"What do you want me to say Sienna because it seems like you expect so much from a man who has never loved before, I don't know how this stuff works and I don't know how you expect me to open up to you." He says borderline shouting.

"No one said that. Just don't lie when I ask you what's wrong and don't raise your voice at me." I sigh.

"Do you love me?" I question more vulnerable than ever.
It seems like that hard exterior I had spent my whole life building just crumbles down at his reach.  Every time I tell myself I'll get stronger in his presence is another lie I try to make myself believe, maybe so I don't have to deal with the fact that he holds my heart in his fingertips and whatever he chooses to do with it can either make or break me and I've come to accept that, I don't fight my emotions to keep the wall up, when I'm around him, weakness is apparent and he knows it.

"What are you talking about?" He says , playing pure stupid.

"At the barbecue I told you I loved you, you didn't say it back. Do you love me?" I repeat once again.

The silence elongates giving me my answer but I let it go on for longer, simply for the fact that I didn't want to deal with what was right in front of me.

"Right...I got it." I say finally accepting that he didn't have the balls to answer me.
Embarrassment engulfs me as all I think about is how stupid I must look and how much he must be enjoying this.

"You know where the door is." I bluntly state my last words to him before throwing myself under the covers and closing my eyes, forcing the the tears back into my body.
I may look vulnerable and stupid right now, but what I won't do is waste tears over someone who couldn't care less.

I just lay there, waiting to hear the sound of the door clicking shut. Once I did, I finally unclenched my core and let out the breath that I had sucked in so hard in hopes of numbing myself.
That is when I let weakness fall upon me, I would let the tears to pool out of my eyes, at-least they weren't in his presence.