Chapter 90: Escobar

*ANNOUNCEMENT BITCHES*

So I have decided that i will be carrying on this book because yall were...persuasive.
More chapters!!!

But you would have already known that if you followed me on Instagram.
(Yes that was reverse psychology, you should definitely follow my fucking Instagram)

Enjoy the chapter.
Mwah

————————————————————————

"Adriano we ARE NOT highjacking his casket!" I scold him.

"But it's such a good way to go down in history." He sulks.

"Sure buddy, I'll make sure you go down like that." I roll my eyes.

I haven't cried since the day of my fathers death, I was far to busy being bombarded with duties for tears. For once in my entire life, I was the one having to pick up the pieces.

His death had hit everyone harshly, the house was silent, there was no excitement. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that we hadn't eaten as a family in what felt like forever and eating as a family was always a must as a D'Angelo.

Though who could be mad at them? When I had lost my mother all I did was alienate myself from the rest of the world, confining my mind and thoughts to a dark place that blocked out everyone who tried to help me.
Perhaps that's why I took this better than most of them.

In spirit, my father wouldn't let me mope around and pity his death, I felt obliged to celebrate his memory. Sure I was sad and...broken both inside and out but the life he lived was far too good to let go of.
I guess it was my duty to snap everyone back into reality.

I had to push Adriano and Dominico into the pool multiple times before they finally snapped out of their psychotic state driven by marijuana.
"Stop being crackheads and snap the fuck out of it!" I warned them.

Sure Adriano almost drowned but in the end it worked!

Christian had driven himself to be a workaholic in order to suppress his emotions so I did the rightful thing.
Me and Natalia bribed Aiden to burn Christian's paperwork so he had virtually nothing to do.

Sure, we needed that paperwork. It was most definitely important to the Mafia but it's fine. We have a printer and paper!

What wasn't pleasant however was seeing Christian chase Aiden around the house like a lunatic with a stack of burning files in his hands whilst Fiorella is attempting to get hold of the lighter in Aidens hand.

Perhaps we shouldn't have given a child a lighter?
It's fine, he can't do anything Adriano hasn't already attempted.

Diego and Xavier weren't too hard to break. All I had to do was threaten their strip club.

And at last, we were the D'Angelo's once again.
Just depressed without an Escobar.

Though today, today was his funeral.
The need to keep it together was tormenting me but I knew the vulnerability of saying a final goodbye would dominate me no matter how strong I was.

The others were elsewhere organising and ensuring that the final touches to the funeral were perfect.
That just left me, Adriano and Christian alone in my fathers office.

We laughed and cried a million times over.
To talk about his memory and celebrate his life brought so much joy to my heart.
He didn't die in vain and we would ensure that he wasn't remembered like that.

"I miss him swearing at me." Adriano mentions out of the blue.
Me too.

"I never thought it would have ended like this." Christian mentions more to himself than us.