Chapter 85: come back to me

Feel free to scream at me in the comments for motivation to write new chapters. :)

Also make sure you read till the end of the chapter.

————————————————————————

Dominico's POV:

If it ever became too much, I'd teach you how to die better than you ever lived.

Because you once told me that life was a lie and the only truth was death.
No angel nor devil could escape it. Death doesn't discriminate.

But we are built on lies. We live for the lies and the lies make us who we are.
If life was a lie than I'd let deceit consume me if I were able to spend the rest of it with you.

But that wasn't the reality.

It was time and time was inevitable. I couldn't say a thing to her because none of my words were good enough. Her heart thumped so loudly, her pulse was steady and thick but that was all the help of a machine.
One that she would soon be deprived of.

I backed up slowly onto the wall opposite where she lay as Leia offered me a sympathetic smile.

I agreed to this only on the terms that Leia would be the one doing the doctoring. I couldn't trust anyone else with her life. Well, I didn't trust anyone with it but Stefano has faith in her so that has to mean something.

The room was filled with family, you could feel the intense and worrying atmosphere. We were all scared. Frightened and mortified.
Aiden was even willingly in the same one metre perimeter as Adriano, if that doesn't suggest fear I don't know what does!

"Ready?" Leia questioned analysing our expressions.

I looked at the time. 02:50pm.
"Wait 10 minutes." I sternly commanded.

03:00pm.
Every Saturday we would train together at this time. Sure, it may not seem like much but it was a way of doing what we both love without holding back.
It was as if neither of us could defeat the other. We were equals in war. All types of war.

Those ten minutes flew straight past me and I came to the realisation that I could no longer put this off.
I gave Leia a short lived, uncertain nod and she began the process with instance.

If only you could hear the sound of my heart, it raised to limits I didn't think were humanely possible. It came as a surprise to me that I didn't die from cardiac arrest.
Im sure everyone else felt the same, the heavy breathing and agitated shuffles definitely didn't contradict that.

The silence was daunting. Can someone fucking talk?

"Why is she so still?" Diego asks himself.

Never mind, they can shut the fuck up.

I watch as Leia slowly disarms the needles from her skin leaving only a few for her protection.
"Her pulse is steady." She begins.

She looks at the giant machine beside her.
Beside Sienna.
"I've only done this once before." She tells herself though loud enough.

"What happened the last time?" Adriano questions.

She swallows harshly and we knew the answer, I look up at them shaking my head nervously.
"Hurry up before I change my mind."

She gave me a 'motherfucker be patient' look and I backed down immediately.
What? She's scary.

The click of the button that she pressed switching off the machine replayed millions of times in my head.
I watched as her heart rate rose and dropped continuously for the next few minutes. At least, that's how long it felt like.