Chapter 168: Kalopsia (EP. 01)

"Elsa?"

The Queen of Arendelle turned around upon the gentle voice of her husband, the platinum blonde's lips quirked in a smile of relief when she found her fire king taking eager steps towards her figure standing before the wooden railings the Dravenian Ship possessed.

Aiden couldn't help but allow a mesmerized look distort his face as his eyes peered over his white shirt his wife now donned.

Since her bodice is obviously stained in her own blood—which reminded the King of Arendelle the immensely unpleasant prior events—He took it upon himself to make sure Elsa would change into a clean top.

Aiden felt like an empty box as his shadow predominated over the ice queen, but all fluttering emotions returned to him when a warm palm pressed against the cold apples of his cheeks.

The salty gusts of air didn't bother him, not even the oddly faint, milky glow the moon produced for this peaceful evening. Stars have occupied the murky canvas of the night sky, but tonight, not one of the couple payed any attention to the celestial bodies visible up above.

Standing before the helm are Magoo and the Dravenian Admiral whose inner thoughts are still undoubtedly overwhelmed. The General of Arendelle continuously conversed with him and didn't mind how Eivind's buckram frame wouldn't even budge, but from time to time he would wonder occasionally how could the guy be so unfaltering for a long time.

Meanwhile, Aiden's mind couldn't stop replaying the anterior scene which was too unconvincing that it could have been an notional delusion.

The earlier sight of the stupefied Prince Elgon collapsing down to his knees and succumbing to the fire king's commands overwhelms him greatly. He just simply didn't expect for the prince to concede that easily.

The fire king is fully aware of the reason why Elgon submitted so quickly, and it served as another disturbing reminder of what could have happened if it wasn't for the enthralling, mysterious miracle that evoked suspicion in his chest.

But he did not want to speak about it now. His arms ached for the warmth of his wife, and he wanted to drown his nose into the addicting scent she has. Aiden carefully wrapped his arms around her slim waist and lowered his head down to her shoulder, cautious not to entirely put too much weight to pressure her.

There would be times Elsa would ponder about her husband's moods. It was just a few hours ago she witnessed the sight of him going berserk for Elgon's skull, but she didn't want to dwell on it. She enjoys his displays of affection anyway. Aiden's embrace felt so soothing and so warm, sometimes it's so hard to believe that this man possessed a muscular structure.

She shifted her own head a little to where his face was and planted a kiss on his lips, her dainty fingers brushing his hair away so she could see the lovely view of his golden flecked green eyes.

Even in the long absence of words, they could still feel each other's discomfort.

"Please don't think about it again," She prods a bit, but she fears that her plea might go unnoticed.

His heated, shaky breaths met her milkweed skin, "I.. I'll try."

"Do you feel cold? You're trembling," The ice queen turns around to fasten the firm buttons sewn on the lapels of her husband's formal jacket, "I don't want you getting sick."

Aiden's expression grew morose, I don't want you dying for unworthy people.

The fire king didn't reply. He is still in the process in finding his voice, and his silence worried Elsa thoroughly. His dazed eyes swam in a deep trance, and his lips were formed in a thin line. Elsa comfortingly buried her gentle hands into the dark forest of Aiden's hair and nudged her nose nearer for his in assurance.