7

Levi stared at you with wide eyes. This was the best reaction you've gotten out of him. With each passing the two of you stared at one another, the more red your face became. Levi, noticing that everyone was still watching, pulled you into a loving embrace.

"Sorry that I doubted you.." he said into your hair. At that moment you felt like you could pass out. Your legs felt like jello, your heart was beating 1000 times per minute. Your head was dizzy. You never wanted him to let go. You wished that time would freeze at this moment so you could live like this forever.

"What....is this?" you thought to yourself as you returned his embrace.

What hurt the most was know this was nothing but an act. Levi didn't really love you. It was nothing but an act that tore you to pieces. You suddenly wished it wasn't an act.

"I..."

You felt his warmth disappear.

"Let's go lovebirds!" Sebastian winked in your direction.

You opened your mouth to answer but nothing came. You feet were rooted to your spot. Levi, sensing this, took a hold of your hand and pulled you along. You kept your eyes to the ground and allowed him to pull you along. Your bangs shaded your eyes. For some reason you wanted to cry. Just that thought of Levi not actually liking you brought tears to your eyes.

Levi didn't seem to notice your sudden depression and you wanted to keep it that way.

~Timeskip~

It was still dark out when everyone arrived at the village. It was a huge change in scenery. Instead of houses made from bricks, the houses were made from the wood of the trees and other materials they could use. 

You were too tired to even think. Suzanne led you and Levi, who still had a grip on your hand, to her home where she said you could use the spare bedroom. You released Levis hand and collapsed onto the bed. You were asleep before your head hit the pillow.

Levi smiled. He SMILED. No not a smug smile or a smirk. An actual smile!

He smiled and crawled in beside you, making sure to keep his distance so you could have your privacy.

In the end, however, he ended up rolling beside you and wrapping his arm securely around your waist. You, on pure instinct, cuddle closer to the sudden warmth that enveloped you.

~The Following morning~

You were awake. Way before everyone else. Levi was slumbering away beside you and somehow, without waking him, you managed to turn and face him. He looked so innocent and peaceful in his sleep. You couldn't help but notice this. You smiled softly at the sleeping man.

"If the other girls found that I have slept beside Levi...and kissed him...they would murder me!" you bit your lip from giggling. You did not want to wake him up. The two of you had such a stressful day yesterday. Nearly being kidnapped by bandits and all.

You sighed. Wishing nothing more for sleep to come and overtake you. You sighed and put your head on Levis chest and closed your eyes, praying sleep would come. Your prayers were indeed answered.

~Hours later~

"Hey (y/n) get up. Its almost noon!" a voice spoke beside you. You groaned and rolled away. Suddenly realizing you were missing the warmth of a certain individual.

You sighed and rose from your bed like zombie rising from its grave. You looked over and was met face to face with Suzanne. You were so shocked you jumped and fell off the other end of the bed.

"About time you got up! I was going to get you up with Levi at dawn but he told me to let you sleep!" she said. You stood up.

"He let me sleep in?" you questioned.

"Yep!" she nodded.

"I see," you felt a smile tug at the corner of your lips.

"If I were you I would hurry to town. All the single woman are hitting on Levi, refusing to believe he is engaged. Clothes in the closet!" she called leaving the room.

"Other girls...hitting on Levi??" you felt the fires of jealousy burn in the pits of your stomach. "Oh hell no!"

You quickly changed into the kimono and rushed outside. Sure enough there Levi was in the middle of a group of girls who were giving him goo goo eyes. You put on your best smile and approached him.

"Levi!" you called through the crowd of girls. You saw relief flood through his eyes. He made his way through the crowd and stumbled in front of you.

"Afternoon," he leaned down and pecked your cheek. 

"Is that her?"

"She isn't very good looking?"

"You think she black mailed him into marrying her?"

You clenched your fists in anger. Levi, too, heard the whispers. He glanced at the girls and looked down at you.

"Hey I got things to do. So I'll see you in an hour or so," You raised an eyebrow when Levi took a deep breath. His cheeks had turned slightly red. You were about to ask what was wrong but he leaned down and kissed you. It was short and sweet. Once again your heart fluttered. The butterflies in your stomach went mad and your legs felt like jello.

"U-uh...ok,"you said when he parted. He turned away and returned to the men.

All the other girls scattered. All except one. She had a disgusted look on her face. She was pretty. Very pretty to be more precise. Her golden hair shone under the sunlight and her eyes were as blue as the sky.

"Tch. Just cause you and Levi are engaged doesn't mean I will give up!" she flipped her hair over her shoulder and walked away. To put it simple, She just declared war.

You huffed and turned away. Then you suddenly came to a realization.

"Why should I care if he goes off with another woman? Its not like we are really together or anything...Damn it!" you balled your fists. 

"Why do I feel like this when he is around other woman? Why does it hurt so much when he isn't here beside me?" you thought aloud to yourself.

"Isn't it obvious?" Suzanne spoke from behind you. "You love him!"