4

Betty awoke the next morning, bright and early. She always woke before her husband. She stretched her old bones, hearing them crack. She then took a shower, did her hair in a tight sock bun and went to check on her guest. She opened the door to the room you had been sleeping in and saw you were not there. Betty closed the door and opened the one across the hall. The one Levi was in. She was greeted by the two of you wrapped in each other's arms. She snickered and grabbed her camera, snapping two photos: one for herself and another for you to keep as a memory.

Harold was up 10 minutes later. He also got ready for the day as his wife cooked breakfast. He sat at the table and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee. "So did he end up in her bed last night?"

"Nope. In fact, she ended up in HIS bed. Look look!" She showed him the picture. He chuckled. 

"They remind me of us when we were younger. Always sneaking to each other's room in the middle of the night," Harold grinned at the fond memory. Betty giggled and pecked her husband on the cheek.

"Ah yes. The good 'old days," she smiled and prepared breakfast.

~With you and Levi~

Levi awoke to the smell of Bacon. He went to sit up but felt something holding him down. He looked to see what it was and saw your sleeping form. He felt heat in his cheeks. For once in his life, Levi actually blushed. It wasn't just you sleeping with next to him. Nope. In fact he had his arm wrapped securely your waist while his other hand was intertwined with your hand and your legs were tangled with one another's.

"Hey. Get up," he gently shook you. You let out a moan but made no move to get up. "If you don't get up I will throw your ass in the pond." 

Your eyes yes snapped open and you glared at the attractive male. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me," he smirked and made a move to pick you up. You gasped and threw yourself to the floor, landing rather hard on your butt. 

"Jerk," you grumbled standing up and rubbing your now sore behind. He smirked again and stood up, walking to the door. You grabbed the sheet and threw them over his head and dashed out of the door. Levi was instantly on your tail. He tackled you to the ground and sat on your back.

"Levi! Get off! You're heavy!" You wheezed out. Betty and Harold watched the two of you from the kitchen with amused expressions. 

"What do you say?" He looked down at your squirming form. 

"Please?" You looked at him with a small grin. He got off you and slid in beside Harold at the table. You sat across from him, next to Betty. 

"Time to say grace," Betty took your hand, Harold grabbed Levi's and Betty's hand. You held out your hand motioning for Levi to take it. He hesitated but clasped his hand in yours. You couldn't help but notice how warm his hand was. You found yourself not wanting to let go.

"Lord we thank you for this meal this morning, and the survival of Levi and (y/n). We thank you for guiding them here to safety and (y/n)s recovery. Amen," Betty let go of yours and Harold's hand. You, reluctantly, let to of Levi's hand.

The four of you made light conversation as you ate. It was a peaceful morning, full of happy people and a good meal.

~30 minutes later~

"You two make sure to come visit us. We will still be here," Betty wiped a stray tear from her eyes and embraced you and Levi. When you pulled away you hugged Harold as he lightly patted your back.

"I'll miss you guys. I don't know how to ever repay the two of you for everything you've done," you smiled.

"Don't worry about it dear. You've given us a good time." Betty said returning your smile.

"Boy you make sure to keep your woman safe. There are bandits around here. More than willing to take in a beautiful young lady like your girlfriend," the two men shook hands.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen," They exchanged nods.

"Now I packed your bag with clothes, food, things for cleaning your clothes, and blankets." She said handing Levi a bag. He took it and slung it over his shoulder.

"Ready?" Levi looked down at you. Levi was short for his age but you were an inch or so shorter than he was.

"Ya. Let's go," the two of began to walk away.

"There is a village out here," Harold said. "It's about a 2 days walk from here. Be careful." Harold pointed in the direction of the village.

"Yes. Thank you," and the two of you walked in the direction he pointed.

"I wonder what kind of people will be there? Are they nice like Harold and Betty or are they mean and ruthless?" You thought to yourself.

After a while of walking the two of you came to your first obstacle. Nothing too big. Just crossing over dangerous water that led to yet another waterfall. But there were stones you could step on. Levi glanced at you and saw your worried expression.

"It's ok," he said. "I won't let you fall. If you do I will save you again." You blinked and felt a blush rise to your cheeks.

"T-thanks," you said.

"You go first, I'll be right behind you." You took a deep breath and stepped on the first stone. 

"Ok. I can do this. I can do this. Levi is behind no need to worry," you whispered words of encouragement as your jumped to the next stone. And the next and next until you reached the other side.

"I never want to do that again!" You huffed puffing out your cheeks and crossing your arms. 

Levi shook his head and continued walking.