3

"I told you before. It's not your fault." Levi said. The old man watched the two of you exchange words with a smile. 

You, with the help of Levi, managed to sit upright as the woman brought two steaming bowls of soup. One for you and the other for Levi. The soup warmed your insides. When you were finished the woman checked your temperature once again.

"Well you'll be fine. Tomorrow afternoon your clothes will be cleaned. Now would you like to shower?" She asked. You nodded and the woman led you to the bathroom. She grabbed the things you needed and set them on the sink for when you were finished. "Don't use up all the hot water. I, sure that young man would like a shower as well!"

You let out a blissful sigh as the warm water hit your back. You quickly washed your (h/l) (h/c) so you had more time to stand under the water.  as you stood under the water you began wondering if you would ever make it back home. Would you and Levi die in the forest? You shut the water off, dried off, and got dressed.  Then You went back to the living room where the old man and lady were sitting in rocking chairs. The man was reading a book and the woman was knitting with a satisfied smile on her wrinkled face.

"Levi," he looked up."You can go shower now." Levi wasted no time in getting in the shower. You smiled. Hanji had told you that Levi had an obsession about dirt. He had to keep things clean, not a speck of dirt. 

"(Y/n)," the old man called. You looked at him.

"Yes?" 

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Much better thank you. For everything." You gave them a smile.

"Come with me," by this time it had stopped raining. You followed the man out the back door. There was a small pond and a dock. The old man and you stepped on the dock. He handed you a pink fishing pole and sat down in a chair. You stared at the pole in confusion. "Let's fish!" He threw the line out into the pond. You had never been fishing so you didn't really know how to do anything.

"U-umm..." You blushed from embarrassment when he chuckled. Harold explained how to throw the line in the water and reel in back in. You nodded and did as you were told.

"Ya know. When my grand daughter and I fish, she sings to me all the time," he said after a long period of silence. 

"When I was younger, my mother would sing me a lullaby every night. The lullaby would instantly put me to sleep,"you smiled at one of the only memories you had of your mother.

"What song was it?" He asked.

"It went like this:
'Natsuhiboshi, why are you so red?
Because I had a sad dream last night.
My eyes are red from the tears I shed,
Swollen as I cried...

Natsuhiboshi why've you lost your way?
I'm searching for child who's gone afar.
He can't be found though I search all day.
My sad dreams come once more...." 

"That's a pretty song," the old man commented. You felt a tug on your pole.

"W-what's happening!" You cried out as the pole slightly yanked in your grip.

"You've caught one! Reel it in girl!" Together you and the old man brought the fish on the deck where it flopped around on the deck. He picked it up by its mouth.

"Good job!" He patted your shoulder with his free hand. You grinned and the two you made your way back inside. 

"Hey Betty! (Y/n) caught a fish!" He held it up so she could see. Levi had come into the room as well and saw the fish. It was a good size bass. He smirked and sat down on the couch and crossed his legs.

"Well done!" She said and ruffled your hair.

"Is this how a mother and father would act with a child?" You thought. You glanced behind you and saw Levi watching watching the three of you. You pulled him from the couch so he wouldn't feel left out.

"Your girlfriend has quite a good talent!" Harold grinned and slapped Levi on the back. Just as you were about to protest Levi leaned and whispered in your ear.

"Its best to let them believe it," he said. You nodded and let out a small yawn.

"Ahh are you tired my dear?" She asked. 

"A little," you smiled.

"Come come. I'll get you set up in my grand daughters room. Harold take Levi to our grandsons room. Well unless they want to share a bed..." She raised an eyebrow and your face exploded.

"N-no thanks," you said quickly and avoided eye contact with Levi who was hair king.

Betty led you to her granddaughters room and got you settled in. She turned the lights out and closed the door. For the longest time you lay under the blankets staring at the ceiling which had glow in the dark stars on it. You heard Betty and Harold go to bed some time ago and now Harold was sleeping. You threw the blankets off and slipped out the door. You slid into the room Levi was in.

"Levi," you whispered. "Are you awake?" 

"I am now," he replied. He sat up and looked at you with tired eyes. "What is it?" 

"I um, I can't sleep..." You mumbled. "Can I sleep with you?"

Levi was a little started to hear this but scooted over and made room on the twin sized bed. You climbed in beside him. Levi draped the covers over the two of you.

"Levi. You're not as bad as everyone thinks you are." You said.

"What makes you think that?" He asked.

"Well, you didn't HAVE to jump off the edge of the waterfall to save me. You put your life at risk as well. Also you didn't HAVE to seek help when I got sick." You explained."Why did you jump off the cliff?" Levi sighed. Honestly he didn't have a clue.

"I don't know. Something inside me told me to I guess," he said. "Now shut up and go to sleep."

"Fine fine," you grumbled. 

He waited for you to say something else.

"Levi..." 

There it was. 

"What now?"

"Thank you for everything," you said. 

He blinked. "No...problem." Not long after he heard your breathing slow down and realized you were asleep. He too closed his eyes and let himself succumb to the world of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: The Song Natsuhiboshi belongs to the Naruto Series.