1

You happily skipped to the gym where the 3rd and 4th years were meeting. Today the 3rd and 4th years were going on a field trip to a nearby waterfall.  It wasn't really close, like an hour drive to get there. The waterfall itself was a 50 foot drop. Then you have the rushing water which leads to another waterfall that is about another 25 foot drop.

Once you got there you scanned the crowd and spotted your best friend Sasha. You sat beside her and waited for the meeting to begin.

"Alright everyone, we will be leaving shorty. Just a word of advice. Don't mess around the waterfall. We don't want anyone falling over the edge and dying. There are no railings to protect anyone and stop the fall," Your teacher eyed a couple people in the crowd. "That was all. Now sit here and wait until you are called to go to the buses." She left to go talk with the other teachers who were also supervising.

"I'm so excited!" Sasha bounced in her spot. You giggled.

"Ya it's very exciting!" You agreed. You looked around to see who was all going. Christa, Ymir, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Marco, Connie, Annie, Berthold, Reiner, Hanji and, surprisingly,Levi.

Levi Rivalle was the schools bad boy. He didn't really care about anyone. All the students fear him, but they try not to show it. All of them excluding Hanji. She wasn't scared of anyone really.

"Alright. Your dismissed to go to your buses!" The teacher announced. Everyone crowded at the doors and made their way to the buses. You and Sasha got separated in the process so you ended up sitting on the bus with the 4th years. All alone. 

It was a long ride to the waterfall but you didn't mind because one of the upperclassman girls had come sit beside you. It was Hanji.

"This is awesome!" She was such a happy carefree woman. "Levi!" She yelled looking around the bus.

"Tch you don't have to yell," a voice behind you said. You turned to see him. Even though Levi was dubbed a heartless bastard you couldn't deny that he was very attractive. 

"Levi! Let's walk together! Me you and (y/n)!" She clapped her hands together. Levi glanced down at you.

"Whatever," he sat back in his seat and closed his eyes.

-an hour later-

"We have arrived!" Hanji squealed once the bus came to a complete stop. She grabbed your wrist and literally dragged you off the bus with Levi following behind. "Hurry up slow poke!" She called back to him.

"Alright everyone. Get into your groups so we can take roll!" The teacher yelled so everyone could hear.  Everyone gathered in their small groups. Levi and Hanji were in the same group as you as well as Mikasa, Eren, Armin and Jean. You turned your back to stare down at the rushing waters. 

"Hey Jaeger move your fat head!" Jean yelled. 

"Find a different spot to stand horse face!" Eren shot back. The two boys glared at each other.

"Why you..." Jean threw a punch at Eren who swiftly dodged it. The two boys had each other by the necks kicking and punching. You sighed as you stood between Levi and Hanji. Armin and Mikasa were in front of you.

"I'm going to break those two apart," Hanji walked over to the boys but in that moment Eren accidentally knocked Jean into Armin who knocked you over. You felt your stomach drop when, instead of falling on the ground you felt cold air. 

"(Y/n)!!!" A couple students cried out. You suddenly saw their forms get smaller and smaller and realized you had been pushed over the edge. 

"Shit!" Levi stripped off his jacket and jumped off. 

"Levi!" Hanji yelled as she watched him fall. He got closer and closer to your form. When he was finally in reaching distance he grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to his body and shielded you, and himself, as best as he could when the two of you hit the frigid cold water. But that wasn't the end. You clung to Levi as the two of you were pushed down stream and down yet another waterfall. The first fall had sent a wave of pain up and down your body and the second one just made it worse. Eventually you passed out.

"Stupid girl," Levi thought when he felt your body go limp. Even though they had landed at the bottom of the second waterfall, there was still a current taking them down stream. He had nothing to grab onto. All he could do was stay conscious and make sure the two of you didn't die. 

After what felt like eternity, he felt a small drop from a smaller waterfall, like 2 feet, and into a calmer body of water. Levi was exhausted from being tossed around by currents and having to make sure you weren't swept away either.

He made his way to the shore line and collapsed from exhaustion. Every part of his body was aching. Levi rolled over on his back and stared into the sky. Darkness began to take him and he welcomed it.

~With the others~

"Jeager! Kirschtein!" The teacher bellowed. The two boys flinched and stared fearfully at their teacher. "You BOTH will be suspended for the next five days. When you get back from suspension you will serve the rest of your school term in detention and will be writing an apology letter to both Mr. Rivaille and Miss (l/n)s parents explaining why you caused their death!" 

"Levi's parents are gone," Hanji spoke.

"And (y/n) lives by herself, her parents left her she when was younger." Sasha commented. 

"Fine! You will be writing the letter and will present it at their funeral!" She snapped. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to announce to the rest of the students that two of their classmates fell to their deaths!"

 Eren and Jeans shoulders slumped.

"Honestly I wasn't expecting Levi to jump over and try his best to save her,"Armin spoke after a moment of silence.

"Levi may seem cold and heartless but he does care. He just hides it,"Hanji crossed her arms and stares down the cliff edge from which the two of you fell. She couldn't even see the bottom because of all the fog.

"Alright alright everyone. Let's begin the tour. I know two classmates just fell to their deaths but you're all here for a reason so let's get this party started and you can all mourn afterwards," No one was really in the mood to do anything but they did. Though most the students didn't even know you nor Levi, they were still saddened by your death.

"Levi. If you and (y/n) are still alive. Please protect her." Hanjis hoped and prayed that her silent plea would be heard.