Rivals

Hinata POV
He was the only person who took us seriously on that fated day, my first match ended up with us losing the first set.. It was frustrating but it was driving factor to try harder since in volleyball you will meet stronger players but now I swore to defeat my fated rival, the King of the Court.

I thought that, that nickname was given to him because he was a great player but it wasn't it he was called a king because he is a dictator... I learned this when I found him on the same high school I am attending.

For me, it wasn't bad to be a King it is such a cool title after all plus he was doing it so that he will win, I saw nothing wrong at it... But as I progress even further with our team I could see that it was wrong, volleyball is a game of six after all you can't win it by yourself.. you have to rely on others and know them better just like a team.

I am proud to be his team member, we fought together his tosses were the greatest, the best ones I had.. he wasn't like a king at all he loved milk and yogurt and is a fanatic of curry, plus he is dumb like me he couldn't pass our tests. He is a normal guy actually a great guy.

I don't think that scowl on his face was bad at all, he was socially awkward, he doesn't even know how to high five with his teammates.. he makes children cry plus he is really stingy and stupid but I sort of like those about him.

I really thought he is a great friend well he is but deep inside my heart was I denying a truth that I conceal, I wanted to be more than his friend, maybe the person closest to him, the person whom he'll confide his problems as well as be the person whom he will show his smiles.

But its just a fleeting dream, a dream that will never come true... A dream that is impossible ever since she arrived in our lives.