**Special Chapter

Start from the beginning

The moment our friends left it was just him and me. It was quiet at first, a comfortable quiet. Not knowing what to do I had reached forward for a shot glass when he did the same, our hands touching.

"S..sorry," I mumbled, pulling away my hand. "I'm Jesse Matthews."

Watching his lips curved in a smile, I watched memorized as he spoke. "Nice to meet you Jesse. I'm Ryan, Ryan Ravens."

After the introductions we both engrossed ourselves into conversation. We learned a lot about each other that night. Our names, our careers, our hobbies, and by the end of the night we had departed with the promise of seeing each other again.

Over the six months Ryan and I had gotten close. We would gather together and go out to the clubs, the movies and sometimes just simple dinners. In the beginning of our dating months I didn't even think he was gay. He defiantly didn't look like he was or act like he was, so imagine the shock I received when he told me he was into men. After he told me that we took our relationship to a whole new level. He ask me to be his boyfriend and I had agreed.

Two months later, here I am sitting on the cold bench waiting for him. Tonight was his company's annual New Year's Eve party and he had invited me as his date. I was told to dress warm and wait for him here. True to be told, I was nervous. Sure, we've been out together for a while now but this will be the first time we would go out together as a couple. A couple who does nothing but just hold hands, a couple who sit hasn't shared their first kiss.

"Hey. Sorry for keeping you waiting," I heard his voice coming near. Looking up, I was met with a beautiful sight. There he stood, tall and proud, dressed in dark grey slacks, a black button up shirt could be see behind his coat, a red scarf wrapped around his neck as he looked at me with a smile on his lips.

Smiling, I stood up and made my way to him. "It's okay. It wasn't that bad."
Holding out his hand, I took it and held it tightly as he began to guide us down the sidewalk towards the Hilton Hotel where the party was being held.

"Thanks for coming out with me tonight. I wasn't so sure if you would have agreed or not", he said as he walked.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm happy you ask me to join you. This gives me the chance to meet some of your coworkers and friends", I answer honestly.

"I'm positive they're going to like you, Jesse, so if you're worried about that don't be", he said, reassuring me.

The party was in full swing when we arrived. Music was playing in the background, waiters and waitress were walking around delivering food, and everyone else was simply talking to each other. It was simple, but yet everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves. The place was nicely decorated to match the theme of the new year, a big fancy clock hung on the middle of the wall to let everyone know when the hand would strike twelve.

"You hungry? Thirsty? We can order once we find our seats", Ryan said as he walked us over to a table that was located in the middle of the room where his friends were sitting chit chatting with each other.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks." I answered him before turning my attention to the people who were sitting around the table. A few faces look familiar, the two other guys who were at the club months were here with their wives, and other co workers.

The night was spend with joy and laughter. I found myself getting along with all of Ryan's friends and their wives. We talked about anything, but mainly we kept the talk civil. Looking around the table I found myself taking in every little thing before my eyes landed to Ryan, who sitting to my side, one of his arms wrapped around my seat. Just by watching him interact with others I can feel myself smile. He was perfect. His character, his face, his laugh. I found myself wanting to kiss him right here and now. I know we haven't had our first kiss together yet, and I was mentally hoping we would kiss tonight.

"There's 20 minutes left until the new year", a woman said, reminding everyone in the room.

"Hm, 20 minutes.. Care to follow me?" I heard his voice close to my ear, his breath near. Nodding, I stood up and followed him out of the room. Confused yet interested, I follow him until we reached the hotel's elevator.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we stepped into the elevator.

Smiling, he looked at me as he pressed the button to the 8th floor. "Trust me."

And so I did. Once we reached the eighth floor he took my hand and lead me down the hall until we reached the last room. Grabbing a hotel key, he unlocked the door and pushed it open, my eyes widening some as I walked inside the suite. "Ryan.." I began, but stopped when door closed behind me. Turning around, I looked at him with a confused look. "What are we doing here? Don't you want to be downstairs for the countdown?"

Unwrapping his red scarf from his neck, he tossed it aside onto the couch, his hands then reaching down to unbutton the buttons on his coat. "I want to ring in the new year with you, alone. I know we haven't been together for long but I can't help but want to be alone with you." He stripped off his coat and set it down with his scarf. Making his way over to me, he reached down and took my face into the palms of his hands, my blue eyes wide as I looked at him.

"Wh.. What are ..." I began only to be cut off by the sound of people's voices counting down from downstairs.

Ten!

Those eyes, so green ...

Nine!

Looking into my blue eyes..

Eight!

With a look I can't figure out.

Seven!

He leaned his head down, his eyes now shutting...

Six!

He rubbed his nose along my cheeks, his lips lingering so close..

Five!

"Ryan..."

Four!

He inched my face forward, his lips now so close to my own lips.

Three!

"I've been wanting to do this for so long", he whispered close to my lips.

Two!

Tilting my head up slightly, I closed my eyes leaning into him..

One!

Without another word he brought his lips down against mine, his lips moving gently against mine.

Happy New Years! 

"Happy New Years, baby", he whispered after he pulled away, his lips curved into a smile before he leaned right back in to take my lips into another kiss.

** Merry Belated Christmas! & Happy New Years! I know the new year is not here yet, but it's close. I hope you guys don't mind the slight detour on the book. Someone mention in a comment that they would like to learn more about Jesse and Ryan so I figured I'd write this. It's not very good, but it kinda gave you an insight look on who they are and how they became to be. Thank you for those who have contiune to stick by this story even though I'm lame and don't update. D:

Now, pretty pretty please can you give this lovely author's story a read and vote? I don't usually promote any storys because I suck at it, but I checked out her story and I love it so far! Give her a go! She's under the username @BcDcMyLiFe15 and her story is called "Love Me". Serously, check out her story! You won't regret it. :D 

Lastly, thank you all who have messaged and comment me their recommendations for anime and manga! I'm slowly starting to watch new anime and read new manga, so please continue with those recommendations.!  Thank you & Happy Hoildays!