Chapter 16

Flashback.

Sage's Point of View.

"What is a man, who lays a hand on his lover, and calls it tough love

What is a man, who can't take a stand for his daughter, and calls it tough love

Your roots grow in the crack of the alleys, college park made you

Man enough to see man enough to see, there ain't a goddamn man in me

Take me back to a date, before I was hostile and learned to hate

You promised yourself you would never become,

A storm a blackout replicating the one

The thunder inside him became your life

And you called him your best friend till the day you were nine

" Hotel rooms, bourbon, and broads ..."

"Hey.!" I shouted, looking over at Mark when my music was cut off.

"Sage, why do you continue to listen to that song. You know the beginning always makes you cry because of what you been through. I hate watching you just sit there like a zombie and listen to this song over and over again", he said, a frown on his lips as he took a seat next to me.

"Mark, stop, you know damn well why I listen to this. So just leave it alone", I told him, standing up from the bed. I shot him a glare as I sled on my hoodie, zipping it up all the way before grabbing the pack of smokes and the lighter. I shoved them into my pockets and walked out of the room.

"Sage, wait.!" I heard before walking out the back door of the adoption center.

I ignored him as I walked down the alley. I took out the pack of cigarettes and sled one out, setting it int between my lips. I heard the back door slam open but I just ignored him as I lite up my cigarette. Taking in a long drag, I leaned my back against the dirty wall feeling the tears welled up in my eyes. I could hear his footsteps narrowing but I could care less. I continued to smoke my cigarette trying to fight off the tears that he caused. He knew why I listened to that song but yet decides to question it. I don't care if it's depressing or if it makes me cry. It just makes sense to me that I listen to it. 

"Sage, baby girl you know I didn't mean to get you mad", Mark said as he finally caught up to me. "I don't like seeing you sad and crying and that's exactly what happens when you listen to that.", he explained. 

I rolled my eyes and just continued to ignore him. I was finishing up the remains of my cigarette when in a flash the cigarette was pulled out of my hand and thrown onto the floor. I frowned and looked at Mark, shoving him away from me. "What the fuck Mark.! You little asshole.!" I shouted at him, picking up my small hands and starting to hit him. "That was my damn cigarette.!"  Hit. Hit. Hit. "Just leave me the hell alone! Stop acting like a person who cares when in reality you don't!"

"Sage!" He shouted louder than usual. He grabbed my small wrist in his hands and pushed me against the dirty wall. Frighten, I looked at him with my big eyes. He had an angry look in his eyes, the veins on the side of his neck throbbing from anger. "Shut the fuck up Sage, you're saying nothing but bullshit. It's only been a few months but I already care for you. You're growing on me so yes,I'm going to be commenting every damn morning when I see you crying. I love you Sage."  He let go of my wrist and instead took my face into his hands. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to my forehead before trailing his lips down to my lips. 

"M..Mark.." I whispered against his lips, feeling something deep inside my stomach flattered. "You're ly.." I began to tell him but was cut off when I felt his lips against mine, shutting me up for good. 

His lips felt soft and warm against mine. I wasn't sure on what to do so I did the next best thing, I closed my eyes and just followed his moves. I lifted my arms and wrapped them around his neck, pushing myself up on my tippy toes to reach his level. He held me close to him and kissed me one more time before pulling away. His lips were red and swollen from kissing me, but he didn't seem to care. I, on the other hand, looked away from him and covered my face with the sleeve of my hoodie. We both didn't say a word to each other, but instead just stood in the middle of an alley getting the fact through our heads that we just kissed. 

-

Well as you can see this short and simple and that's because of course this is a Flashback scene. This is just a little preview of what happened between Mark & Sage while they were both in the adoption center.  Who knew they kissed.. I surely didn't. xP This flashback scene kinda helps with the next chapter and that's only because Mark and Sage will be in the next chapter together, along side with Alexander and their parents.  Hopefully the next chapter starts & ends well because as in right now I'm totally spaced on what to do. D: Wish me luck.! ;D  >>>> Ryan on the side.