Chapter 8: Revelations

It has been three days since being with him. I knew it wasn't long enough, but as for me, I've felt a sense of belongingness with his company.

The fact that I am not a normal being--that I came from Alcenzia--was no longer a taboo between the both of us.

I didn't know why, but he seemed so worthy of my trust.

Anyway, we were currently cherishing the fresh air at the balcony of his house while taking a sip of the newly brewed coffee he had prepared.

The setting sun has also complemented the soothing feeling inside of me.

After looking at the sky for some time, I've diverted my attention towards Ethan. Indeed, I've felt really grateful for this guy.

I've already told him everything about my quest, and it was so pleasing to know that he was engaged in helping me. Well, it was evident with his acts too.

While he was busy stirring his coffee, I smiled.

"Uhm...Thank you," I said out of the blue.

Err...I'm not good at expressing my feelings, okay? So don't judge.

He faced me right away.

"Hey, no problem!" he said while showing his sweetest smile.

Aww! He looked charming.

"I hope you do like the taste tho," he added.

"No...not just for the coffee. For...uhm...everything. Thank you for helping me out."

Phew! There I've said it.

But still, words weren't enough to express how grateful I was to have him beside me.

Thereafter, I've firmly decided in my mind that someday, I would surely repay his kindness.

"Anything for you."

Upon hearing these, I looked away and took a sip with the coffee to hide the emotion my face was probably showing.

Woah, my face felt hot!

You may be thinking I was overreacting, but aaAaah, I've found it very sweet!

I bit my lower lip to hide my smile.
I did my best for it.
Could you even imagine that???!

"Madison," he called.

"Hmmm?"
I was still looking away tho.

"You know, you can unhide that one."

"The what?" Did he notice it? Whew! Act normal, Madison, act normal.

"Your emotions, maybe? You'll probably fart if you'll continue doing so."

Oh! there he went again!
Saying playful words, plus showing his playful smile.

"Duh!" I muttered as I forced myself more to hide my emotions.

Geez! I bet I've already turned red.

I tried exhaling some air to somehow ease this strange sensation within me.

and...
.
.
.
*Prrrt*

Oh yeah, great! My embarrassment was raised to its extent.

I farted.

"Told ya," he uttered with chuckles in between.

I was choiceless, and so, I just laughed it out. Well, you couldn't blame me! That's the least I could do to somehow release the discomfort.

But anyway, he laughed too.

After hearing our echoing peals of laughter, an ecstasy of emotion has somehow outpowered my sadness.