Chapter Ten

The Destroyer of Olympus

Chapter Ten

Previously

He summoned a monster and decapitated the cyclops like a hot knife goes through butter. He watched, shocked, as the cyclops' body dissolved like it normally would, but, instead of returning to Tartarus, the monster dust was absorbed by the blade. Percy instantly felt a boost in his strength and grinned, "Oh, yeah. This is definitely going to be fun!"

Now

Olympus

"Ares," Zeus spoke to his son who was currently ogling Aphrodite's assets.

"Huh?" he replied dumbly, still mesmerized by Aphrodite's breasts.

Zeus sighed, "The next time Perseus shows himself, I want you to go kill him. End this war before it even begins. While we may be backed by some Primordials, he too is backed by Primordials. And, as much as I hate to admit it, he's," he choked, "powerful." When he got out his last word, he broke out into tears.

"What? I get to kill the sea spawn?" Ares asked excitedly.

"He's no son of mine, Ares!" Poseidon spat at the now giddy war god.

Ares waved his arms in surrender, not wanting to feel his uncle's wrath… again.

Just then, a satyr came barging in the Throne Room declaring, "Perseus Jackson was spotted in Montauk."

Zeus just looked at his son and said, "Shoo."

Ares grinned, "Gladly!"

(Line Break)

Montauk

Perseus Achilles Jackson, Bane of Olympus, was standing on Montauk Beach staring out at the sea. He knew that the Olympians would try to attack him now, and that's something he was counting on. Another thing he was counting on was Ares showing up. He figured that Ares died first seeing as he was the first god, other than Dionysus, that Percy met.

All of a sudden, a bright flash erupted behind Percy and he turned around calmly, trying to hide his excitement over killing his first Olympian. Apparently, he hadn't hid it well enough because right as Ares saw Percy's face, he took a step back. Well, he thought, while I wasn't able to hide my excitement, at least I made the oh-so-great Olympian God of War, Ares, take a step back in fear. That has to count for something, right?

You need to get your priorities straight, Perseus, he heard Erebus whisper in his mind.

Percy was about to come up with a witty retort when Nyx interrupted him, Oh, no. Perseus, don't you dare try to make a retort. Now, focus on your fight. I'll punish Erebus, of that, you can be certain.

Uh-oh… was the last thing Percy heard before the war god spoke, "I'm going to enjoy butchering you like a pig, punk."

Percy couldn't resist jabbing at Ares, "So you're going to butcher me like you'd butcher your own sacred animal? Which is not at all? Or, would you actually butcher your sacred animal, thus degrading yourself to the lowest of the low amongst the gods?"

Ares just stared at Percy in confusion, having not understood anything that Percy had said. Percy rolled his eyes, "Forget about it, Ares. Let's just get to the part where I destroy your immortal essence and make you fade for the rest of eternity."

Ares' face morphed into one of rage, and he charged Percy at full speed. Percy had to be honest with himself, he was surprised by Ares' speed. With him being such a big guy, Percy expect Ares to be slow. Which he was. The thing that surprised Percy was the fact that he was right about Ares' speed.