Chapter Fourteen

Disclaimer: Percy Jackson and the Olympians along with Heroes of Olympus do not belong to me.

The Destroyer of Olympus

Chapter Fourteen

Previously

Percy and Bianca both groaned. Bianca pecked Percy on the lips once more before she got up to leave. She looked at him seriously and said, "You might want to go meet the Masters, it seems important. We can continue this later, love," she finished sultrily, before she finally left his room.

Percy sighed and got up to leave for the Throne Room.

Now

Percy arrived at the Throne Room, irritated. It seemed to him that the only times his Masters ever needed him was when he and Bianca were spending much needed time together. Obviously he'd never say that to his Masters, but that didn't mean he wouldn't think it. He was lost in his thoughts when he arrived in the Throne Room and heard Tartarus clear his throat. He looked at his Masters before bowing.

"Yes, my Lords and Ladies?" he asked, hiding his irritation at being summoned.

"We have grave news," Erebus said slowly.

"Our fellow Primordials have chosen their champions and it seems that Thalassa has decided to aid the Olympians," Chronos concluded, shocking Percy to the core.

"Well," Percy began quietly, "that's not good."

"Not at all," Tartarus remarked, his face grim.

"Bad news aside," Nyx broke in, "we feel it is time for you to leave another message. Our Intel tells us that the Hunters of Artemis have recently left the safety of Camp Half-Blood and are now out on their own hunting down monsters that could join our army. We feel it is time to subdue the Hunters. Notice how I didn't say kill. We feel that if we keep them as our prisoners, we will have an advantage over Artemis, which will hopefully make it easier to exterminate her from this war. The downside, though, is that there is no guarantee that this will make Artemis easier to get rid of. In fact, it may just make her fight even harder than before. Also, I would like to note that the Lieutenant of the Hunt, Thalia Grace, is currently residing at Camp Half-Blood. She's apparently helping clean up the mess you killing the Ares cabin caused. So now an older hunter named Phoebe, a daughter of Enyo, is in charge during Thalia's and Artemis' absence."

Percy nodded before saying, "Ok, so let me recap, you want me to attack the Hunters of Artemis and capture them all. You plan to keep them as prisoners in hopes of making Artemis depressed, resulting in her skill in fighting going down. You then plan on me eliminating her from the war. Is that all?"

"You forgot the fact that the actual Lieutenant, Thalia Grace, is busy at Camp Half-Blood and won't be there to help the Hunters, but other than that, that is all," Gaia remarked.

Percy nodded once more and said, "So when do I leave?"

"Tomorrow, shortly before dawn, while it is still dark. You are to bring a legion of fifty monsters with you to distract the Hunters while you subdue them all. You are dismissed," Tartarus finished, concluding the meeting.

(Line Break)

Shortly before dawn the next day, outside the Hunters' campsite…

Percy chose a legion of twenty hellhounds, the Chimera, the Lernaean Hydra, the Nemean Lion, the Manticore, ten Cyclopes, and six Laistrygonian Giants to accompany him. Upon inspecting all the monsters to make sure they were prepared, he shadow travelled them all to their destination.