Chapter 24:Stupid Grover Interrupted Us and Now Hecate's Pissed(Bad,bad,bad.)

"She was absolutely right,"Hecate said,tapping her fingers on the table."So no one argued about it.Apollo got you out of the room and they begun questioning you mercilessly.Questions like,'Do you want to live?' or 'What if you die?' should be seriously banned from asking kids."

  "What did I say?"I gulped nervously.

  "Well,you started bawling,obviously.Apollo had to play aeroplane with you before you calmed down.Zeus came to a decision after a few moments,and--"

  "You!"Someone yelled,interrupting us.

  I whipped around in frustration to see Grover pointing at Hecate accusingly,fury burning in his eyes."Where's Percy?Annabeth?Nico?"

  "What do you mean?Aren't you with them?"I frowned at him,before turning to the goddess."Did you do something to them?"

  "If you count pulling them away as something,"she replied casually.

  “What?!”Grover yelped loudly,waving his arms.“You didn't just pull them away!You knocked Nico out and put Percy and Annabeth to a deep slumber!”His eyes flashed in anger.

  “There must be a misunderstanding,”I said hesitantly,but no one was listening.Both were too busy staring at each other.

  Hecate's eyes lowered.“Do you trust me?”

  “No,”Grover snorted loudly.“All gods are a bunch of scheming--”He babbled a lot of swear words without blinking,as if he was only insulting mortals.

  Uh-oh.I thought,as my eyes shifted from Hecate to Grover back to Hecate again.For a while no one moved.Then Hecate raised her hand slowly and waved.Grover immediately had his aluminium cans out,ready to throw them if she attacked.

  I was about to tell Grover to keep his cans when I felt my blood froze.My chest suddenly burnt as if a fire was cooking my heart alive.Out of the corner of my eye Grover was clutching at his chest,bleating like a goat in pain.I tried my best not to scream at the top of my lungs,and soon the pain subsided,as if it had never happened.

  Before we could even react,the lights were suddenly switched off.I felt the whole world spinning,and discreetly I could hear Hecate saying,“I hate it when someone accuses me of doing something bad when in fact it is for the good.”Suddenly it was as if time had stopped.I opened my eyes to find Grover,Nico,Percy and Annabeth lying on the grass.

  A mixture of feelings surged in my chest,and somehow I knew it wasn't my own feelings.This is bad.Grover's voice filled my mind,and I winced.Turning to look at him,I widened my eyes.What the hell?

  Well,this is definately not hell,Grover's voice echoed in my head.Then his panicked feelings entered me.We knew the question even before it reached our minds.

  Why were we able to hear each other's thoughts so clearly?