Chapter 14:Moments of Fun Before Trouble

Bright light somehow managed to shine through my eyelids,forcing me to get up.I rubbed my eyes groggily before walking towards a delicious smell.

  Percy,Nico,Annabeth and Grover were stuffing barbecued marshmallows into their mouths greedily.I pouted as I made my way to them.Snatching Grover's portion out of his hand,I popped the uneaten marshmallows into my mouth.

  "Hey!"Grover growled and tried to save his last piece of marshmallow.I devoured it out of his reach,and he gazed down in resignation.

  "There's no need to fight for food,Foínix."Annabeth grabbed the last stick of marshmallows from the leaves-and-branches-made barbecue pit."This is yours."Before I could even hold out my hand for it,Grover lunged at it.With a loud bleat of victory,he bit off a piece of marshmallow from its stick.I roared in rage at the same time when my stomach growled.Grover yelped when I pounced on him.We were wrestling for the marshmallows when Annabeth snatched it out of Grover's hand.

  "Share,"she said harshly and pulled off a marshmallow.She tossed it over,and I caught it before it landed on the grass.

  "Yes,Mother Anna,"I mumbled under my breath,nibbling the marshmallow.

  Percy heard me,and laughed.Annabeth's face turned red as he started to tease her.

  "Percy Jackson...!!"Annabeth shrieked and chased after him.He ran off,still laughing,and Grover decided to join the fun.He yelled about how she would be a 'good mother' when she married.

  Soon they vanished from Nico and my sight,leaving us alone.

  "Thanks for the piggyback ride yesterday,"I said hesitantly.Nico just nodded,popping a marshmallow into his mouth casually.

  There was slience as we didn't speak.Annabeth and Grover soon appeared,sprinting towards our direction.

  "Gather your things,"Annabeth gasped for breath."Trouble's here."