Chapter 25:Bond With A Donkeyman/Goatman

What do we do now?I thought to Grover,who had started to chew on his tin can.

  This is bad,this is bad,Grover chanted as if he was praying.

  Shut up,I hissed,and crawled over to Nico."Wake up,Nico."I shook him violently,and he moaned.

  "What...Where are we?"He asked,struggling to get up as he rubbed his temples.Grover and I ignored him as we crawled to the sleeping Percy and Annabeth.

  "Percy,man,wake up."Grover shook him,but there was no response.I shook Annabeth hard,and she had no reaction too.We glanced at each other,our faces mirroring the same expression.

  "What's going on?"Nico kneeled beside me.His face darkened as soon as he saw his two motionless friends."As I expected...it's not a dream."

  Panic formed a lump in my throat as I turned to him."What do you mean?"

  Nico frowned."We were dragged to the dungeon by Hecate's servants.After we were locked up in a cell,Hecate appeared,saying something about putting all of us to sleep.But as soon as she saw me..."He shook his head."She binded me with her magic and put Percy and Annabeth into deep sleep.There was nothing I could do to help them...Before I knew it I felt a sharp pain at the back of my neck and I fainted."Nico finished without pausing to take a breath.

  I turned to Grover,who started to chew a new tin can.He looked nervous(I had confirmed the same about his feelings),and he gulped."I was sleeping,so she didn't do anything to me,"he muttered,looking a little gulity."If I were awake I might be able to stop her."

  "You might not be able to,"I reassured him."She's a goddess."

  "But...But...I'm the Lord of The Wild."

  Shrugging as if it was nothing,I tugged at my necklace."Well,so what if you're the Lord of The Wild?I mean,you'll still be--What the hell did you just said?"I glanced wide-eyed at Grover."Isn't the god Pan?"

  Grover kept his mouth shut,which meant that he didn't wish to explain further.Nico decided to clarify the situation."Pan's dead,"he said as a matter-of-factly."Grover was chosen by the god to be the next Lord of The Wild."

  I continued to stare at Grover,unable to tear my wide eyes away from him."Why didn't anyone tell me?"

  "Well,you didn't ask,did you?"Grover mumbled solemnly,and turned his back towards us,chewing on his tin cans.

    I stared at his back for a while more before turning back to Nico."We should find some way to wake them up."

  What do we do now?I thought to Grover,who shrugged slightly.

  Maybe they'll wake up once they smell food,he thought hopefully,which was very unlikely.

  Maybe you should stop thinking of food this just once,I thought harshly,and Grover flinched.

  I had forgotten that Nico was still beside me.He stared at Grover and me as if he knew that we were talking telepathically.I met his eyes by accident,and remembered when Percy kissed me.

  Grover began to gag and choke."Foínix,you--"

  Uh-oh.I had forgotten for a second that Grover could read my thoughts.Without meaning to,I let out a sudden yelp.

  That did the trick.Grover immediately had his cans stuffed into his mouth.Nico stared at me strangely and I smiled apologetically.

  "I've forgotten about my teddy bear,Polar,"I blurted,and regretted it at once.Stupid!Now he'll probably think of me as a kid who never grows up."It's given by the gods,"I added,feeling awkward.

  Nico nodded as if he understood,which he probably didn't.

  Clearing my throat loudly,I snapped my fingers at Grover to get his attention."We should find someone who can help us with this.Someone who can broke Hecate's spell and heal Percy and Annabeth..."

  Grover's eyes lightened up."I know!How about calling--oh my god!"He pointed at something behind us,and started shaking from head to toe,fear running through the bond strong.

  I looked behind and gasped in shock.A creature so ugly was staring down at us,looking as if it was expecting dinner soon.

  ~~~

If you looked at my previous chapters,you would probably noticed that they are a bit different.That's because I edited them,after realising that they sounded a bit weird.Well,I AM a perfectionist...

And I cannot help but to say this again and again...Thank you!Thank you for supporting my stories(or story).Thank you for being the source of my motivation,inspiration,etc etc...This means a lot to me.Really.Thank you so much,readers.