twenty four

The car ride was silent, but somehow hostile at the same time. Rosé was angry, and Jennie could clearly see that. Still, she didn't say anything to try to calm her down, because she knew it would only make things worse.

Jennie drove all the way to her house and parked in her driveway.

"This will only take about thirty minutes," Jennie said. "Text someone and make sure they're here by then."

Rosé simply rolled her eyes and got out of the car.

Jennie let out a deep breath as she unbuckled her seatbelt. She looked at herself in the rearview mirror, forcing herself to get rid of the guilt in her eyes. Finally, she got out of the car and had her best bitch face on.

"Phase three," she said under her breath.

"What?" Rosé asked as her girlfriend unlocked the door.

"Nothing," Jennie replied, quickly.

The two walked into the house and Jennie sat down on the couch, patting the cushion beside her.

"I'm not sitting beside you," Rosé crossed her arms over her chest.

"Sit down, Roseanne. Stop being so stubborn."

Rosé didn't move.

"I will not tell you anything until you sit down," Jennie said.

The younger girl narrowed her eyes at Jennie. Jennie didn't budge. She let out a sigh, reluctantly sitting down.

"Thank you," Jennie smiled, turning towards her.

"Just tell me why you blew me off."

"You're too good to be good for me," Jennie said. "We don't mesh well, Rosé. We're not compatible."

"Huh—"

"You're one of the sweetest people I know," the older girl said. "I'm a terrible person. I'm not good for you."

Rosé gave her a soft smile, grabbing her hand. "Do better," she said. "That's all I need."

Jennie's face softened. She loved how forgiving Rosé was. She almost didn't want to do this to her. Her face quickly hardened back up.

"Whatever's going on I'm sure we can work it out, J—"

"I'm breaking up with you."

Rosé froze. She slowly turned her head and looked at Jennie. "Excuse me?"

"It's just not working anymore," Jennie shrugged.

"We haven't spoken to each other in three weeks, Jennie. If it's not working, it's because you're not letting it," Rosé shook her head. "Where is this coming from?"

"I don't know; the past three weeks gave me a lot of time to think, Rosé, and the truth is," Jennie looked the younger girl up and down. "I'm bored."

"Bored?" Rosé was in disbelief. "What? Slow down, J. Think about what you're saying—"

"I thought long and hard about it for three weeks, Roseanne. I think I understand very well what I'm trying to say," Jennie said. "There's nothing to think about."

"But," Rosé shook her head as she tested up, "you said you loved me."

Jennie gave the girl a pity smile. "That was all part of the plan."

Rosé shook her head. "You didn't know I was coming—"

"Oh," Jennie gave Rosé a fake pout, placing her hand on her cheek. "Don't you know? I'm always two steps ahead of you, baby."

"There's no way!" Rosé moved away from Jennie's touch. "Who would've—"

"Get over yourself, Roseanne Park," Jennie snapped. "I will never, and have never, loved you."

Rosé shook her head, tears falling out of her eyes. "No. I don't believe it. I can't..."

"Well, you better start to, because it's true. I will never love anyone," Jennie stood from her spot on the couch, "especially not you. Now, go."

Rosé shook her head once more, standing from her spot on the couch. "You took everything from me, Jennie."

"I took nothing from you," Jennie said, disgust laced in her voice. "You should've known beforehand that I don't keep love around."

"No..."

Rosé was in denial.

"I wont say it again, Roseanne."

The younger girl backed away from Jennie, genuinely terrified. "Fuck you, Jennie Kim. I hope you rot in hell."

Jennie smiled, "Get in line."

"What did I do to you?" Rosé wanted answers. she wasn't leaving until she got answers.

"Enough, Roseanne. It's getting embarrassing," Jennie rolled her eyes.

"No," the younger girl shook her head, "No. What went wrong? What did I do?"

Jennie only looked at her.

"Was there something i could've done different?" Rosé asked. "Tell me, Jennie. I just want answers."

Nothing.

"Did I hurt you—"

Jennie chuckled, looking down at the ground. "You could never do that," she shook her head. "not to me."

Rosé looked at her, confused.

"I would never let you hurt me," Jennie looked up at Rosé, as if she thought she was some kind of joke. "How could I let you do something to me that I was planning to do to you all along?"

"You—"

"Once again, Roseanne, I'm always two steps ahead of you. Now, I won't say it anymore," Jennie said. "Get out."

Rosé nodded slowly, tears falling down her face. "Fine," her voice faltered. "I'm leaving."

Jennie watched as the girl left her house, a sly smile on her face. Rosé walked out, slamming the door shut. The smile immediately fell from Jennie's face.

She backed up until her the back of her knees hit her couch, causing her to fall. She shut her eyes, letting the first tear fall.

"I will never fall in love," she said, quietly. "Especially not with someone as good as you."

-

a/n: well...

thoughts?