Chapter Four

Adriana POV

"Mom, do I have to come along with you?"

"Your father prefers you to be there Cara, you understand?"

I nodded my head and ran my hand over the clothes I would be wearing to this evening dinner with the Lombardi's. Ever since dad has invested in them, he has been actively involved with them. When I first met the Lombardi's at my birthday party about a few months ago, I really thought it would be the last I'd ever see them but that was not the case.

Mom brought a casual dress for me to wear for the evening. It was a baby pink dress that ended just above my knee. It wasn't really too much but I knew that the dress was very expensive as the designer label appeared when I moved the dress.

I sigh nonchalantly as I get dressed, we were supposed to leave for the dinner in an hour. The Lombardi's invited us over for dinner, it was more of a get to know each other sort of thing so I just agreed to join them.

After an hour, we finally leave the villa to reach the Lombardi residence. Since this was a family invite, dad insisted that either both me and Annetta attend with him or at least one of us. Annetta immediately backed out as she claims she was not in the mood to really put up a facade for dad so now, I had the responsibility.

We reach the Lombardi's villa and immediately, we were greeted with butlers and housemaids. Mr and Mrs Lombardi was here too as they welcomed us. While they did, I took in this time to scrutinise their beautiful home.

It was like ours but huge, and it was obvious that these people were filthy rich.

"Welcome to the Lombardi residence, it's a pleasure to have you here."

Our villa was huge enough for us and it really did make me wonder how much space a family really needs. Dad claims that he has a huge estate back in America, and that he grew up there with his parents. I've never seen it in my entire life which is why he promised us that he would take us to America one day, where his estate is situated.

"It's a pleasure to be here Constantino, come on! Let's us in!" Dad chuckled as well as Mr Lombardi did. Mom and Mrs Lombardi chatted amongst themselves as they encouraged me to follow them.

Mrs Lombardi was the most sweetest woman I have ever met, she resembled my mom which was something that encouraged me to like her even more. I smile at her as she conversed with me while she guided us to the dining table, where it was filled with food.

Even though it was quite entertaining scrutinising this villa and appreciating the beauty of it, I was so extremely bored. I sit on the chair that was offered to me and scroll through my phone while mom sat besides me and dad sat next to mom.

"Adriana, put your phone away." Dad grunted under his tone. I glance up at him and see the slight anger and I nodded my head after sensing his agitation. I push the phone in the pockets of my dress before I sigh against the chair.

I was so bored.

After a while of waiting, we were finally eating. Dad and Mr Lombardi conversed, they had a laugh as they were drinking and mom and Mrs Lombardi were speaking amongst themselves as they were eating their food. I forked my food as my appetite had suddenly disappeared, I wanted to go home already.

I felt a sudden spark spike through my stomach when a familiar cologne ran past my nose, I inhaled it into my lungs and felt a swarm of butterflies fill my stomach. I glance to my left, over my shoulder and see him, rushing down the steps of his home as it seemed as though he was in a hurry to be somewhere.

"Figlio, please come and join us."

I glance down back at my food when Mr Lombardi called his son to the table. I glance over my shoulder again for a second and notice how a scowl had appeared on his face. I look away and practically hide behind mom when he approached the table but when he came closer and closer, I really did not think that me hiding behind mom was very affective.