Chapter Three

Dante's POV

"This is ridiculous!"

My body trembled with anger as I raged at the one man I expected to today, which was why I avoided him at all costs. I felt the tips of my fingers burning as I clenched my fists, waiting to hear an explanation from him because he was indeed being absolutely ridiculous.

"I'm not being ridiculous, I'm being wise. I am not having you retaliate just like that, you are young and inexperienced, you still have training to do, figlio."

"I have been training since I was sixteen, it's enough!"

"Figlio, trust me it's not enough. Five years worth of training is enough to get physical, you've yet to become wise about this." Constantino stressed as he tried to convince me, "Come along with me to the meeting I have with one of the partners, you can learn from me."

As my anger simmered down, I nodded my head at him in silence. It was true; as much as I didn't want to admit that five years was not enough training, I was not ready to get myself into a war. I was only twenty-one, preparing to live the life I was promised. I still need to build my way up to my mafia and carry my grandfather's name, because I was his only grandson.

It was once a dream to do this but now, it's become a challenge. A challenge that I decided to make with my father.

I was compelled. I needed to prove to him that I could do this.

After an hour of preparing for this meeting, dad and I finally left to reach the venue we were having this meeting in. When we arrived, I already knew who was on our side and who wasn't. It was something I inhabited when I was around dad, he taught me who was a rat by one stare.

"Since Milan is one of the popular cities of the country, it could jeopardise your progress." Constantino informed me,

"What does that mean then for me?

"It's wise to move away figlio, it's the only way."

My brows snap into a furrow as I glare at Constantino in disbelief, Milan is my home. It's where I was born and raised so how the fuck was I going to suddenly just abandon everything just like that?

Before I could protest, the couple of investors that he was dealing with entered the room, in their expensive suits and the excessive amount of papers of bullshit in their possession. They were prestige but they had no idea who we were.

"Constantinou, it's a pleasure to finally be able to work with you." One of the investors piped, "iniziamo, vero?"

". Before we do, I'd like you to meet my son, Dante Lombardi."

Both investors turned their attention to me and nodded their head before they looked away, like as if I was a piece of shit that was released from under their shoes. I clenched my jaws and felt my inner beast growling at them, ready to pounce on them without their knowledge but I suddenly felt Constantino hold me back. I knew that they were not really bothered about me because I was nothing to them. In their eyes, Constantino was just a generous benefactor and I was his rich, spoilt and obnoxious son. All they were here for as the money we were able to offer. What they don't know is that we were the fucking mafia, the only people in Milan that could end their business as well as their lives in just a fucking second.

Having this much privilege was powerful and I could only thank my grandfather but on the other hand, it was a fucking pain in the ass. I wasn't sure if it was a good or a bad thing.

After minutes passed of the three men conversing amongst each other whilst I sat next to Constantino, bored as fuck. I wanted to do something, have fun, fuck things up, ruin these men.