2. 𝓘𝓷𝓳𝓾𝓻𝔂

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

HINATA

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It was a new day, which meant a new volleyball practice

It was a new day, which meant a new volleyball practice. Hinata excitedly bounced towards the locker rooms of the gym. Once he finished changing, he walked out the door, bumping into Kageyama on the way.

"Oi. Idiot." The dark-haired boy grumbled, his blueberry eyes flashing with fury. Hinata looked up at the taller male and blushed, slightly frightened by his looming presence.

"I-I'm sorry..." Hinata muttered, awkwardly stepping around Kageyama. He rushed out the door without looking back. Why does he have to be so hot? Hinata thought to himself, covering his red cheeks with his hands. Hinata loved the way Kageyama's black hair was tousled and flopped gracefully when he jumped to make a set. His eyes were fox-like and had an icy blueish hue like the starry night sky, piercing deep into his soul.

Sugawara interrupted Hinata's embarrassing thoughts. "Hinata! We need our favourite spiker on the court immediately." He called out to the boy, his silver hair shaking as he ran towards the boy.

Hinata nodded his head. The mere mention of volleyball caused Hinata's worries and anxious thoughts to instantly melt away. "Alright! Let's start." He exclaimed cheerfully, running towards the middle of the court. After a couple of seconds, Kageyama emerged from the locker room, prepared to assist Hinata in their weirdo-quick.

Out of the corner of his orange eyes, Hinata watches as the lean boy step into his designated spot. He outstretches his arms and prepares to set the volleyball for Hinata. Behind them, Yamaguchi serves the volleyball. Kageyama hops upwards and sets the ball with a perfect posture and beautiful grace.

Hinata instinctively jumped and spiked the ball since it was at the perfect distance and height, making for a satisfying slam. As he slowly dropped to the floor, a huge smile lit up his face. That felt amazing.

Without warning, he hit the floor with a huge slam. His head banged against the floor and Hinata's vision quickly went black. After a couple of moments, he felt the warm hands of someone familiar grab him by the shoulder. "Hinata!" Kageyama worriedly yelled, desperately hoping that Hinata was fine.

Hinata fluttered his eyes open at the sound of his voice. His vision was blurry but he could see the outline of Kageyama's handsome figure. He also saw the rest of his teammates circled him, concerned for their ginger-haired spiker. "W-What happened..." Hinata stirred, his head spinning and his chest heaving heavily.

Daichi checked Hinata's pulse to make sure he's breathing normally. "Hinata, when you jumped you didn't land on your feet. I suppose it was just a slip, but you have a bruise on your forehead." Their team captain explained. "Does someone want to volunteer to take Hinata to the equipment room and place an ice packet on his forehead?"

Kageyama instantly shot his hand up. "I-I will." He stated, his eyes wide with concern for his teammate. Hinata found comfort in his friend's eyes, which relaxed and relieved his tense nerves.

Daichi nodded. "Okay. Kageyama will you be able to carry him?" He asked, lifting Hinata in a sitting position.

Kageyama nodded his head and wrapped Hinata's arms around his shoulder. He lifted the light boy up and slowly walked with him to the equipment room. "Are you feeling okay?" He mumbled under his breath, in a deep tone. Hinata felt his husky whisper echo in his ear and he blushed at the tingling feeling it gave him.

"Y-Yes..." Hinata murmured, blinking his eyes as his vision slowly turned clearer and sharper. Kageyama's soft touch on his shoulder caused his heart to flutter excitedly. Also, his worried tone made Hinata wonder whether the stark boy cared about him.

"How many fingers am I holding?" Kageyama asked, placing two fingers in front of Hinata's eyes as they marched towards the equipment closet.

Hinata rubbed his eyes. "Two."

Kageyama nodded his head. "Good." He pushed open the door of the cluttered equipment room and gently placed Hinata on the floor so his head could rest. As Hinata laid on the cold floor, Kageyama grabbed a wet towel and placed it over his forehead. "I couldn't find an ice pack so I hope this helps," Kageyama muttered as he sat on the ground next to the boy.

"It helps," Hinata assured, whimpering at the sudden iciness. The refreshing cold towel caused Hinata's throbbing pain to disappear almost instantly. "Kageyama... Thank you." Hinata slowly said, opening his eyes and looking at the boy who had his hand on his forehead. Kageyama gave Hinata a timid smile and placed his free hand on his thigh, affectionately rubbing it. Hinata blushed, wondering why Kageyama was suddenly doing it. Although, he did enjoy Kageyama's touch.

Kageyama leaned forward so that Hinata's eyes were only on him. "You scared me, idiot." He muttered with that alluring deep voice of his.

Hinata gulped, unsure of what to say. "S-Sorry... but it's not like I was going to die." He pointed out. Kageyama grinned and rolled his eyes, causing Hinata to realize about a kink he didn't know he had. Damn it. Why did he do that? He's so hot. Hinata's cheeks turned scarlet red as he gazed up at Kageyama's chiselled face. Why am I thinking of him like this? 

Suddenly, Kageyama placed both of his hands over Hinata's hot red cheeks. Hinata's heart pounded in his chest as he wondered what the boy will do. Kageyama caressed his face as he smiled at him with light beaming in his blue eyes. "Hinata... I-"

Unfortunately, the sweet moment was interrupted by Tanaka, who barged into the equipment room. "Oi! Hinata! Are you feeling better yet? Do you think you'll be able to play for the rest of the practice? If not, Daichi said you can go home!" He interrupted, loudly. Kageyama hastily let go of Hinata's face and recoiled with a flustered expression.

Hinata sighed. "Yeah, I'm okay... I can continue playing." Hinata said, slowly sitting up. Kageyama placed a hand on the scrawny boy's back and gave him an intense glare.

"No, Hinata. Go home and rest." He said sternly.

Tanaka bobbed his head up and down. "Kageyama is right, Hinata. Go home and enjoy the rest of the day off." Tanaka agreed, placing his hands on his hips.

Hinata exchanged glances with both boys and slowly nodded his head. "Fine." He muttered sadly. He looked up at Kageyama and gave him a cute puppy dog expression. "Will you please walk me home? I feel like I might collapse if I don't have support." Hinata asked. He was lying about the collapsing part, but he knew Kageyama would never agree to ditch volleyball practice unless Hinata was dying.

Kageyama nodded his head without hesitation. "Of course." He said, kindly. He placed Hinata's arms around his shoulder and walked him out the door, with Tanaka trailing behind them and hooting.

Tanaka whistled. "Oi, Kageyama! I've never seen you this friendly before!" He joyfully exclaimed.

Hinata looked over and saw Kageyama roll his eyes and sigh. Kageyama turned to face the ginger-haired boy and grinned at him. Together, they laughed.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.