chapter seventeen

I know how I want this story to go and I can picture the scenes in my head, its the actual writing of the story that scares me for some reason.

Infinity Island

Once the transmission cut out, Talia stared at the screen for a moment longer before turning to the side. "I saw Jason's eyes and demeanor change. What did you make me do to him?" Ra's smirked, not answering his daughter. Talia growled, clenching her fists. "Father, if you've made me hurt him in any way-"

"Relax, daughter. All you did was say the trigger phrase that activated his orders. It was coded to your voice specifically. You activated him when you told him you loved him. Touching, right?"

"You sick-"

Ra's waved his hand and foot soldiers came into the room, grabbing Talia by the arms. "Time to go back to your cell, Talia. We need you in place for the next part of the plan."

"I won't help you hurt my son!"

"If he does his part, I will not harm Jason. You have my word." Ra's watched Talia be dragged from the room. "I have other plans for the boy."

Watchtower

Jason watched as the team departed for Infinity Island, his arms still securely around Damian. He looked to Batman, an expression of innocence on his face. "Where is the rest of the League?"

"Busy elsewhere. Green Arrow and Black Canary should be arriving here soon, however." Batman responded, typing on the computer. "They have joint monitor duty."

Jason nodded. He walked to the zeta tubes with Damian in his arms, punching in the code for the Batcave. "Damian, why don't you go help Alfred get dinner ready? I need to talk with father in private." Damian nodded, hugging Jason tightly before walking through the zeta tubes, leaving Jason and Batman alone. Jason smirked, turning to face Batman.

Batman had his back turned to him, still typing on the computer. Jason walked closer to him, coming up on his side. He reached for the dagger in his belt as Batman spoke to him. "That is the first time I've seen you send Damian away. Is everything alright, Jay?"

"It will be." Jason plunged the dagger into Batman's side, watching as the dark knight's expression turned to one of shock and pain. He pulled the dagger out, going for another blow when Batman dropped and rolled out of the way.

"Jason...why?" Batman got to his feet, a hand on his wound.

Jason tossed the dagger into his other hand, lunging at Batman once more. "I have my orders. It is nothing personal. I must destroy the Justice League from within. You are one of the backbones of the League, Batman, therefore you must be taken down." Batman went to make a move for the computer, his hand stretching for a key. Jason saw this and struck, stabbing Batman's hand and impaling it to the keyboard. "Ah, ah, ah. Can't have you calling in reinforcements, can we?"

"Jason...don't do this...think of Damian." Batman hissed, reaching for the dagger.

"I am thinking of Damian. How can he be expected to take up his birthright if his father is constantly getting in the way, trying to ruin everything we are working towards?" Jason sneered, kicking Batman in his abdomen wound.

Batman grunted, falling to his knees. "This...isn't you. This is Ra's."

"How would you possibly know who I am? After all, you let me die." Jason punched Batman in the head, bashing his head off the keyboard and knocking him out. "You. Let. Me. Die."

The zeta tubes went off, announcing the arrival of Black Canary and Green Arrow. They gasped when they saw the sight of the battered Batman, impaled by the hand to the keyboard and unconscious.

"Batman!" Black Canary cried out, running towards him.

"Dinah, wait! Whoever did this could be waiting, it could be a trap." Green Arrow called out, getting an arrow ready.

"Ollie, I'm not just going to let Batman bleed to death. He needs help." Canary pulled the dagger out of Batman's hand, lowering him to the floor. "Who did this?"

Green Arrow stood there, eyes narrowed. He looked around for the culprit, turning his back on Canary and Batman to investigate further into the Watchtower.

Jason crept up behind Arrow, pulling his katana out from its sheath. He swung, cutting the quiver from Green Arrow's back in one swift motion. Green Arrow turned around, ready to fire but found no one. He bent down to pick up his quiver, noticing a pair of feet behind him. He whirled around, arrow ready. But Jason was quicker. He hit Arrow on the temple with the hilt of his katana, knocking him out cold.

Jason walked back to the main foyer of the tower, noticing Canary was wrapping Batman's wounds. He ran up behind her and when she turned around, he chopped her in the throat, cutting her cry off before it could manifest. She gasped, swiping at his legs with her own, knocking him to the ground. Jason quickly jumped back up, dodging the punch sent his way.

"You! You did this to Bruce! After everything he did for you?" Canary growled, her fists tightening by her side.

"I have my orders." Jason replied shortly, elbowing Canary in the nose. She leapt back, getting ready for another cry when Jason tackled her, slamming her head off the ground until she passed out. He got off of Canary, walking to the computer. He opened an audio only line of communication with the bioship. "Nightwing, this is Hood. What is your status?"

"Approaching Infinity Island now. Going to go offline so that Ra's won't be able to intercept our comms. We'll let you know when we have Talia safely on the bioship."

"Thank you, Nightwing."

"Of course. After all, what is family for? Nightwing out."

The communication line cut out and Jason looked to the two Leaguers at his feet. He went to Green Arrow and dragged him to the other two, leaving them for the other Justice Leaguers to find while he went in search of supplies to take down the rest of the Justice League.

He had a lot of prep work ahead of him.