chapter ten

I am so excited about the direction of this story. I know I said that the Team would only appear sporadically but I couldn't help myself (oops). But don't worry, its going to involve more Batfam from here on out. Know why?

Bruce learns the truth.

The boom tube opened up in the Watchtower, startling the heroes that were training there. They looked up, surprised to see Artemis, Barbara, Conner, Dick, M'gann, Kaldur, and Wyynde in their civvies with a familiar woman, a teenager, and a child.

"What's going on?" Tim asked, watching the group closely.

"Where's Batman?" Dick asked, ignoring Tim's question.

"He's in a meeting with the rest of the Justice League. What's happening?" Tim asked again, narrowing his eyes at the three strangers.

"We have some people that he needs to speak to." Artemis replied, walking over to their medical supplies. She pulled out some disinfectant and gauze, walking over to Dick and Conner, handing it to them.

"What happened to them?" Stephanie asked, eyes going wide when she saw the boys from the grocery store all those months ago. "You two!"

Jason held Damian tighter, narrowing his eyes at Stephanie. "Who are you?"

"I'm Spoiler, who are you?"

Jason looked at Talia for direction and she nodded. "I'm Jason, Jason Todd." He heard something clatter to the ground and turned his attention to Tim, who was staring wide eyed at the trio. Jason saw the costume he was in and narrowed his eyes. "Hello, Tim."

Talia placed a hand on Jason's shoulder, calming the anger that boiled up inside him. She turned to Dick with an expectant look. "Bring Batman to us or we will be taking our leave."

"I thought you said you needed to talk to him?" Conner asked, wrapping his hand in gauze.

Talia smirked. "I have a Motherbox, I can just go to his house and discuss this matter with him another time."

"How did you get a Motherbox, by the way?"

"Savage gave it to Ra's as a thank you for my services." Jason butt into the conversation. He turned to Talia, adjusting Damian in his arms. "Can we go home now, mother? It is clear that they are not going to bring Batman to us. I doubt he is even-"

"Here?" Jason tensed at the voice, turning slowly to look at the man he once called his father. Batman, upon seeing Jason's face, paused in his step, the other Justice Leaguers stopping behind him. He looked between Talia and Jason, narrowing his eyes. "Talia, how long have you had Jason?"

"Two years." Talia replied, keeping her hand on Jason's shoulder as she sensed the turmoil of emotions within him.

"Wait, that's Talia al Ghul?!" Stephanie cried out. "Who is the child, then?"

Jason growled, hugging Damian closer to him. Talia looked down at them before turning her gaze to Batman. "I believe we should talk, in private, Bruce."

Batman steeled his jaw. "No. Whatever you have to say, you say it here, now, Talia."

Talia nodded. "The child Jason is holding is Damian al Ghul, my son. Or, more accurately, our son, Bruce." Jason tensed at that, looking up to Talia to see if she was being serious. Talia was looking straight at Bruce, holding eye contact. Jason looked back down to Damian, noticing the similarities in his features with Bruce. Talia squeezed Jason's shoulder. "Ask us any questions, we have nothing to hide."

Damian snuggled closer to Jason, peeking out to look at the heroes. He gasped when he saw where they were. "Jay, are we in space?! That's so cool! I wanna see more."