chapter three

Another update?! I'm on a roll. Also, I keep finding all these cute fanarts on Pintrest and my heart can't take it! GAAAAH!

*ahem*

Anyways, here is chapter three of Hustle, I hope you enjoy it.

It was four weeks after the whole debacle with the young Justice League and the two brothers were playing in the meditation garden while Sensei's pupil rebuilt the meditation platform.

"Can't catch me, Jay! I'm too fast!" Damian laughed, ducking out of the way of Jason's swooping arms.

"Come back here, you little rascal!" Jason growled, turning on his toes to see where Damian went.

Damian was running across the fresh grass towards the bridge that led to the beach, his giggles carrying back to Jason. Jason grinned, running after the toddler. They ran down the bridge, Jason slowing himself down so as to not catch Damian too fast.

They reached the beach and Jason scooped Damian up in his arms, swinging him up. He tickled his belly, eliciting squeals of laughter from the four year old. "J-Jay! Stop!" Jason smirked, tossing the child onto his shoulder. Damian pounded his tiny fists against Jason's back, kicking his feet into Jason's chest. "Put me down this instant! I demand it!"

Jason chuckled. "Sorry, little demon, if I do that you'll just run away again. And I can't have my charge disappearing on me, now can I?"

"I swear I won't run, put me down!"

Jason swung Damian so he was holding the child under his armpits at arms length in front of him. "You swear?"

"Yes! Put me down!"

Jason smirked, putting Damian down. He knew the child was going to run and he was right. About three feet later Damian was sprinting again back towards the meditation area.

Jason chuckled, jogging after him. This time, he scooped him up and held him under his arm like a football, ignoring the small child's squeals of protest. "Sorry, Dami, you didn't listen to me. Now I've got to carry you."

Damian pouted, crossing his arms as best he could. "Meanie."

"Demon."

Jason paused when he heard a twig snap behind them, placing Damian on the ground and whirling around to face whoever was there with his katana out. He lowered his katana when he saw it was Ra's, choosing to bow instead.

"At ease, Jason." Jason stood up straight, feeling Damian peek from behind his legs. Ra's glanced down at Damian before looking back up at Jason. "I have a mission for you, Jason." Jason looked down at Damian before looking back up at Ra's. "Do not worry, my grandson will be going with you."

Jason's eyes widened at this. "You...you want me to take Damian on a mission?"

"Will that be a problem?" The threat was not very veiled in Ra's voice.

"No, sir. What is this mission?" Jason bowed his head in submission.

"We are running out of food. I need you to go retrieve some food for us. You are taking Damian with you to seem less suspicious. There are civilian clothes waiting for the both of you in your quarters. You will depart and retrieve the food items on this list. Do not draw attention to yourself. Meet me at the helicopter pad once you are dressed."

Jason nodded, taking Damian's hand and leading him to their rooms. He got dressed in the clothes given to him, a pair of black joggers and a maroon sweatshirt, before making his way next door to Damian's room. Damian was dressed in black jean overalls with a green shirt underneath. He looked up at Jason and grabbed his hand, walking with his older brother to where Ra's had instructed them.