chapter six

This chapter lines up with S3 E23. I know, it is quite the time jump (almost three months), but like I said, I want to get past the season so I can start writing freely.

Anyways, I changed some things from cannon (obviously, this is a fic) so things don't go exactly how they do in the episode.

Ra's al Ghul was sitting in his office when a call came in on his tablet. He answered, recognizing the number.

"Savage."

"Al Ghul. I need your assistance."

Ra's scoffed. "And why would I provide it after you allowed Deathstroke to preform a coup against me?"

"Darkseid has the Anti-Life equation." Ra's stiffened, realizing the implications of this. "I am not only reaching out to you, but to the Justice League's pets as well. I know you have one of their former members. They are going to need to be at full strength if they are going to win this."

"You want me to send in Hood?"

"You will be compensated if anything comes to the boy."

"...okay. I will prepare him. You will be providing him transportation to the team, however." With that, Ra's hung up. Time to go find Jason, he thought, and possibly send him to his second death.

Hollywood

The team was gathered around, talking in groups with each other. M'gann and Conner were talking with each other in the kitchen while Artemis, Kaldur, and Dick talked about Dick's health when Fred Bugg answered a call from the doorman.

"Hey Fred, there's a man and a, uh, ninja here to see you. Says their names are Savage and Hood. Shall I send them up?"

The team gathered around to stare wide eyed at the monitor, which showed Vandal Savage and Hood standing next to each other, Savage staring into the camera.

"Send them up." Dick growled, turning around to get into his suit.

A few moments later a knock came on the door. Artemis opened it to see Hood standing behind Vandal. "May we come in?" Artemis stepped aside, allowing the immortal and the assassin into the room.

"I believe you are shepherds who have lost a sheep." Vandal started as the gathering of heroes glared at the two of them.

"Tell us where Halo is." Brion demanded, Conner holding him back.

"That is precisely why I'm here. I know you have a Motherbox. I'm here to offer coordinates so you can boom tube to Miss Harper's location." Vandal spoke calmly, observing the team as they exchanged looks.

"What's the catch?" Conner asked.

"The catch, as you put it, is this; you promise to tell her abductor exactly who sent you." Vandal smirked.

"And what's with Hood?" Dick asked.

"Since you are one man down, I figured I would supply you with another."

"I thought Ra's wasn't apart of the Light anymore?" Dick's question sounded more like a statement.

"He's not, but success on this rescue mission will serve him as well. He has offered the services of his best." Vandal pushed Hood forward. "Hood goes with you."

The team looked around at each other before nodding. "Okay. Deal."

As the team prepared for the mission, Hood stood back and watched as they split off. He went over to the window, staring out at the land before him. Vandal walked up behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "No harm shall come to the boy."