chapter four

Heeeuuuurrrrrggggghhhhh. Forgive me.

Also, I am trying my best to keep within YJ S3 continuity (timeline wise) as I want the majority of the book to take place after the third season. I'm sorry about the time jumps, but not much happens on an island with like six people on it.

This chapter lines up with S3 E13 and is roughly seven weeks after the last chapter.

Jason was in the courtyard practicing with Sensei when Ra's found him. They two sparring paused, turning to bow to Ra's.

"At ease. Leave us, Sensei." Sensei nodded, walking away into the building. Jason turned to look at Ra's, who was staring intently at the teen. "Jason, I have a mission for you. This time, however, Damian will not be going. It is much too dangerous for him. You will going alone."

Jason looked at Ra's curiously. "What is my mission?"

Ra's motioned for Jason to walk with him. They walked down to the beach, Ra's explaining the whole time. "I have been keeping tabs on my ex associates in the Light and on the young Justice League. There is a point of interest between the two, a meta-human trafficking ring in Greater Bialya. I want you to go there and observe, see if any of the meta-humans are worth recruiting." Ra's handed Jason a communications device. "Put this in your ear, stay in contact. I have upgraded the lenses in your suit so that I will be able to watch through them. Go now, the helicopter is waiting for you."

Jason nodded, running to his room to find his work suit spread out on his bed. He changed, going to the helicopter and sliding the door shut behind him. He watched as the island got smaller behind him, slipping his mask on over his face and placing the device in his ear. 

It took some time to fly to Greater Bialya and even more time to spot the meta-human  trafficking ring, but he found it. Jason slipped the door to the helicopter open, jumping out and landing on the roof, unaware of a certain half-Kryptonian spotting him.

"Look alive team, looks like we have a third player in our midst." Superboy spoke, watching as the red hooded ninja slipped from view.

"Who?" Nightwing asked, sending his spy-bug out the bioship and into the abandoned mall below.

"Al Ghul." Superboy replied.

Nightwing tensed, ignoring the feeling that this could go awry as he watched through his spy-bug. "Huh."

"You in a sharing mood?" Artemis quipped, putting her hands on her hips.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." Nightwing enlarged the screen so that the bioship was the screen, looking out onto the crowd below.

Everyone below wore white masks to cover their faces and were dressed in fancy clothes, standing around talking to one another.

"There's a crowd. They don't look too tough." Black Lightning looked down at the people below, glancing at Nightwing when he spoke.

"You're focusing on the spectators, I'm more concerned about the security." Nightwing stared straight ahead at a group of meta-humans. "Queen Bee's meta-human enforcers. Codenamed Onslaught."

A man came onto a platform and introduced himself as Mister Bliss, presenting two meta-human teenagers down below him. "...and in this corner, Terra!"

"Tara!" Brion called out, looking down at his sister.

"Brion Markov finds Brion Markov's sister! This is a good day." Forager declared.

"There's just one problem...this isn't just the depot, this is a fight club for meta-teen gladiators."