Beginnings

"Hey man, are you okay?"

Leo jumped at the man's voice. Without lifting his head, he responded, "Yeah, I'm fine," hoping the stranger would just give up and leave.

"Somehow I doubt that," the stranger answered. "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, but can I at least help you get somewhere?"

Leo sighed in relief that the stranger was not going to pressure him. He wasn't in the mood to describe how he had gotten someone killed last month. He wiped the tears from his face and looked up to see who was speaking to him. Thankfully, it wasn't someone he recognized. However, there was something strange about him. "Where are your clothes?!"

"What?!" The stranger exclaimed, seemingly unaware that he had been standing there in his underwear. "Aw man not again!"

"Again? How often do you walk around in your underwear?! Are you some kind of shady person?"

"I'm not shady! I just... misplace my clothes sometimes!" The stranger sighed, realizing his attempts at defending himself were in vain. "Well on the bright side, at least it seems like I cheered you up a little. My name's Gray."

"A-are you a wizard?" Leo asked, pointing to the guild mark on Gray's chest.

"Oh yeah! I'm a wizard from the Fairy Tail guild," Gray boasted. "How about you? Do you practice magic?"

"Um yeah a little," Leo replied hesitantly.

"Well if you don't have a guild, you should come with me to Fairy Tail!"

"Really? I don't know..."

"Come on! Fairy Tail's great!"

"Are there any celestial wizards in your guild?" Leo asked, worried. Karen's face flashed in his mind and a wave of guilt washed over him. He had broken his promise as a celestial spirit to protect his wizard and had been banished from the spirit realm. Now all he could do for the rest of his limited time alive was try to leave all traces of his old life behind.

"Uh no I don't think so. Why?"

"Um no reason, just wondering!" Leo laughed nervously.

"So what do you say, do you want to be a Fairy Tail wizard?" Gray asked, reaching out his hand.

Leo hesitated for a moment before ultimately grabbing Gray's hand and saying, "Sure."

"Oh! What did you say your name was?"

"It's... Loke."

"Nice to meet you, Loke!" Gray smiled.

Leo blushed and let Gray drag him to Fairy Tail, grateful for the kindness of this stranger.

WC: 411