Interlude: Twenty years gone, and I am back again.

Jebediah Jacobson was a good man, he thought he was at least... He was handsome, pushing thirty, and had a wife and daughter who were his entire world and then some. Jebediah taught history at his local high-school and always made sure to always help kids with lunch money or a pack of gummy bears from the teacher's lounge if they needed it. 'Jeb' as he was affectionately referred to by staff and some of his more rebellious students, was also generally well-liked at Summers Bay High. Mostly by his students because of his incredibly kind demeanor, and also most of his colleagues for getting his work done, which lead into the current moment,

That moment being Jeb sat at his desk, the reclaimed wood screeched across the linoleum floor as he moved desks around, preparing for his next class exercise, a unit on such a recent event was unheard of around his colleague's educational circles, but Jeb had decided that the new industry of "Capes." in his 'Empowerment' unit was something that should be addressed, his history class was going to be the only one in Summer Bay going over this hot button topic, the empowerment of people across the globe, to the now quickly growing economy and buzz surrounding Capes. He'd been thinking about a visit from a cape... That would really excite the kids and definitely make their day.

His ears perked up, and his brain pounded with a sense, his death was inevitable, he felt it as it hung thick in the air, feelings emptiness in some of his senses, as darkness swallowed up Jeb's eyes, and silence screamed into his ears, he looked up. Right as a dark figure walked into the room, announcing themselves quite clearly with a bullet leaving the chamber of their gun, as Jebediah's world crashed into violent darkness.

As the corpse of Jeb slunk against the now crimson soaked linoleum floor, the figure stood above him, musing.

"Well Jebediah. Twenty years gone, and I am back again."

Then the figure, with seemingly no issue, turned around, ensuring that Jebediah's life would not end in peace, but as a bloodstain on the wall.