Chapter 1: the beginning

Hello my lovelies ❤

So this is the revised and edited version of Chapter 1! I know this was long waited for but yes it is true! I'm finally going to finish editing my book!

I hope you enjoy the new revised version!!! Alright, I'm going back to my roots and say...

Onward with the story!!!!

------

Edited on June 10, 2019

------

In life, you can always plan for it. What you'll be doing tomorrow or next week. Hell, you can even plan 10 years from now, but the truth is, life is a bitch.

You can never truly anticipate this. No one can...

Before tragedy struck, I lived a happy life. My family was always happy. There was never a dull moment with them. Even if it was my parents and me.

My grandparents died when I was thirteen. I was devastated for losing the people I love. Little did I know I would be losing the only family I had left...

When I was merely seventeen and a week old my parents had a surprise for me.

I could remember that day as if it was yesterday.

I was in my room messing with my new camera. Laying on my stomach kicking my feet up as I messed with the buttons.

It was a Canon Powershot sx510 HS. It was the fanciest camera out there but to me, it was everything.

As I looked around my room to get some inspiration. The color of my walls was a beige as if it was sand on the oceans of Puerto Rico.

With the ceiling coming in diagonally, there was a beautiful skyline of the blue sky. The window was rather large but it felt like it opened up space quite nicely.

Resting my head on my hand as I watched the clouds drifting along the sky as if it were the ocean waves. Always a different shape and design I smiled as I captured the moment.

Still smiling I glanced around my room to see what else I captured through the eyes of the lens.

Having small polaroid collage on the far left side of the room. I debated if it was a good photo to take. Dismissing the thought I continued to look around.

On my wall facing me held a full-length mirror above it held a quote. The quote said in cursive,

'If Life Were Predictable it would Cease to be Life, and be Without Flavor ~Elanor Roosevelt'

At the time the quote meant something different than how it does now.

As I bit my lip in concentration. I kept looking at the wall. On the right side of the mirror held a pure white lamp tilting downward. Along with some small picture frames of the trip, my parents and I went to a couple of years back.

Smiling I sat up and posed in the mirror as I took the photo. Clicking the button to look at the photos I smiled as I looked through them.

I always take a few of the same shot just in case. As I browse through them there were a couple of blurry photos.

Not what I was going for I deleted them and looked at the ones I truly loved. My heart leaped as I found the perfect photos I started to do a little happy dance.

Giggling at my own silliness I laid back down. Now laying on my back, I bent my knees as I looked at the sky.

As I was admiring the blue sky I heard a knock on my wooden door. Yelling for them to come in I looked and saw my parents smiling at me upside down. Taking this moment in I captured yet another photo.