Elizabeth sat at the table and held her still warm cheeks in her hands. She could not believe that a few hours ago she was being anxious about having to leave for a new place. And now she was going to eat with Micah in front of a lake. She has already had worst dates than that. The thought of a date with Micah made her cheeks red again. Sure it was not a date, but she would not be against the idea. Maybe one day...

Micah took her out of her dream when he came back with two plates. They ate while talking about unimportant things. When they were done, Micah went to grab two beers, and they talked some more until Javier started to play some guitar.

"Let's go listen to Javier's music. It's so pretty" Elizabeth said as she stood up and grabbed Micah's hand.

Micah was not a fan of music, much less Javier's music, but Elizabeth looked so excited that he did not have the heart to refuse. And the fact she was holding his hand was a great help too. They both approached the main fire and Elizabeth let go of Micah's hand as she sat on a trunk. Micah sat beside her with a small sight. Elizabeth listened to the music for a moment with a smile.

Micah was mostly bored. He was thinking about leaving when he felt Elizabeth got closer to him, their shoulders and arms now touching. He looked at her and saw she was staring at her laps, her cheeks tinted with a blush. A smirk appeared on his lips as he relaxed. He might as well stay a bit longer.

***

A few days passed and the gang had already found new leads. The men have been mingling with two families, supposedly sitting on lots of gold. They were most of the time out of camp, and the girls were bored like never. They wanted to get into town, see if they could play their little tricks, but no one was available to accompany them.

"Please Dutch, we're all going insane, being stuck here. We're just gonna look for some leads, we won't do nothing risky for now but please let us out!" Karen almost begged Dutch.

"She's gone crazy or what?" Micah asked Elizabeth who was waiting a bit further. He heard the commotion and was always ready for some drama.

"No, but that might be the case soon. We've been locked in the camp since we arrived, and none of you can take us out" Elizabeth explained. She was not mad, she understood the men had a lot of things to take care of, but she would love to get some fresh air.

"Alright! Alright! We are gonna leave soon, but Kieran can take you I guess" Dutch gave in. Even if Kieran was a fairly new addition to the gang, he gained Dutch's trust as he saved Arthur's life, and is a hard-working boy.

"You sure about that boss? The O'Driscoll can barely even protect himself!" Micah intervened. He did not like Dutch's choice.

"Not now son. The girls will just take a look, nothing dangerous is gonna happened. It's just a stroll, the boy can handle it" Dutch cut short the debate. He was already exhausted by Karen's shouting, he did not need another blonde one arguing with him.

Micah turned toward Elizabeth, who already looked excited about all that. Way too excited for Micah's liking.

"You'll be carful alright? It's not the same as the drunkards in Valentine" Micah told her.

Elizabeth looked at him a bit surprised. Was it worries in his eyes?

"I'm a big girl Mister Bell, no need to worry" she teased him with a smirk.

"I'm not worried for you! I just don't want you all to create trouble in town, that's all" Micah answered quickly, looking everywhere but her.

"Sure. Well, see you later!" Elizabeth told him with a pat on the shoulder before heading toward the wagon. All the girls and Kieran were already on board.