#004

Damien sat on a bench outside the Subway waiting for the two others to come. This was the typical meet-up spot for the trio due to all the main fast food chains being on the high street being near to the bench. A few messages in the group chat had been added during Damien's walk.

The last 3 braincells

Got stuck in traffic. I'll be there in about 5 mins.
- Oh Olivia

Olivia ffs, don't text and drive
- Oh Mari

If we're giving eta's then I'm already here.

I'll walking up the high street rn so give me a minute
- Oh Mari

I'm not going to get my lunch without you lol

I know, i'm just giving you an fair warning for when i do something.

- Oh Mari

Oh no

With little warning, a hooded figure leaped over the bench and sat down beside him. An arm wrapped around him, and he knew instantly that it was Mari; nobody was as buddy-buddy with him as Mari. The person pulled their hood down, a full head of bright purple locks being released from their cage and a cheery voice exclaiming, "Hey, Dames!" 

"Jesus Christ Mari, you don't need to shout." Damien groaned.

"Ah, are you not happy to see me?" 

"Of course I am, I like to talk to you, especially after someone leaves the party early."

"Olivia was having a gay crisis. You know how she is whenever she sees Courtney. Speaking of which, she heard that Courtney and some others were going to get lunch, so it'll probably be us two talking..." Mari started

"And her trying to see where Courtney is, I know. We've went through the several other times this has happened."

"It happened once."

"It happened once this year, but you're forgetting the whole other year where she had a crush on her." Damien corrected hastily. "It's got to be at least seven times where she just sits there and just stares at them."

"You act like she's obsessed with Courtney." 

"When was the last time she wasn't blushing when talking to her?" He queried. Mari was at a loss for words, silently agreeing that Damien was right. At this time, Olivia had arrived and was bursting with excitement.

"Oh my god, guys! According to my source which is Courtney herself because we talk sometimes she's going to Subway as well." Olivia said, words flying out her mouth. "And there's good news and bad news, good news, she's going with Shayne. Bad news, it appears to be a date even if she says it isn't."

"You never told us you talked to Courtney often." Mari responded, her face contorted into a look of pure shock.

"I thought it was pretty obvious, considering I used to be on the cheer team." Olivia replied, speed still steadily increasing. She paused to regain her composure, "Anyway, Subway!" she exclaimed.

Damien and Mari eagerly got up, and the trio headed through the door to be greeted with an ungodly site: an almost empty store. The only people there were who Olivia wouldn't shut up about. Shayne and Courtney had taken a relatively central table and were eating two foot-longs. Damien was pulled out of his staring bout with a different voice saying, "Hi guys, how may I serve you?"

"Oh my god, Justin! I haven't seen you since the end of junior year. How have you been?" Olivia asked, causing Damien and Mari to glance to the other in frustration. Justin Molgreaves, one of the old football players, who had stopped after a leg injury put him out of action for two months.

"I've been good, but I'm on shift so I need to take your order, sorry."

"Oh that's fine dude, I'll have a 6 inch Toasted Italian BMT with Italian Bread, American cheese and Olives." Damien said, trying to steer the conversation away. "No sauce."

"Wow, someone actually had a full order. I'll get onto that, Sarah can probably take one of your orders for now." Justin responded, awe present in his voice.

"Okay, I just want a salad, all the vegatables." Mari said, causing Olivia to gasp.

"But you always get a Veggie Delight." Olivia commented.

"I'm on a diet, Olivia. I don't need carbs."

"You don't need to go on a diet Mari. Don't be stupid." Damien chimed in.

"Can I just have a salad?" Mari asked to Sarah, who had got up from the chair in the corner.

"Sure, I'll get that for you." By now, Justin had returned to the group, waiting for Damien's sub to finish toasting and started to handle Olivia's order: a 6 inch Meatball Marinara. The trio headed with their food to a set of 6 chairs, with Damien sitting on one side and Mari and Olivia sitting on the other. Damien didn't notice the two chairs next to him being filled with Shayne and Courtney until they started speaking.

Authors Note

Woop Woop, 4 days in a row (but technically 3 because i wrote chap 1 and 2 in the same day). I've missed this, and people reading it. I hope you guys enjoyed this so it can take away from the shit-ton of Youtube drama rn.