sleepy // fluff

kokichi ouma dragged his feet to the dining hall. he hadn't slept the night before, and all he wanted to do was sleep.

but he couldn't. so he didn't.

he suffered from insomnia, and pretty badly, at that. he couldn't fall asleep because when he did, he had night terrors and nightmares, preventing him from wanting to sleep at all.

so, he bit his tongue and walked into the dining hall, resisting the urge to itch off the concealer covering his dark circles.

he sat down next to his boyfriend, shuichi saihara. but, it was still the killing game, so ouma wondered if it was even okay to be dating in an environment like this one. but saihara had no complaints, so it worked out.

they hadn't told the rest of the students yet, they planned to keep their relationship a secret until they got out. however, ouma couldn't help but rest his head on saihara's shoulder; he didn't care if anyone saw, in fact, he was so tired the thought barely crossed his mind.

"get a room, you twinks!!" iruma yelled at them, causing her to get a swat on the head from akamatsu.

saihara rolled his eyes, but ouma didn't even notice, he was already asleep.

saihara breathed out a sigh of relief at this, and rubbed underneath his eyes to reveal his own eye bags. he didn't want ouma knowing he had any trouble sleeping, he had his own problems to deal with.

akamatsu then came over. she was the only one who knew about their relationship.

"what's up?" she asked, sliding a bowl of cereal over to saihara, and eating her own. saihara sighed.

"nothing much," he said. "i'm just sort of upset with myself, i can't even tell my boyfriend that i'm having trouble sleeping," he explained, lowering his voice at the word "boyfriend".

"awh, it's okay shuichi," akamatsu said. "he'll get it, i promise," she smiled, gesturing to the sleeping ouma. he hadn't told her about his insomnia, but it didn't take a detective to figure it out.

"i guess you're right.." saihara gave in, continuing to eat. "what's going on with you, kaede?"

"well, iruma asked me out yesterday.." she blushed.

saihara almost spit out his cereal. "n-no way! what did you say?"

"w-well.. i said yes!!" she beamed, and saihara held out his hand for a fist bump.

"nice, kaede! now i'm not alone in the relationship department, i suppose."

——————

sooner or later, saihara had to wait for everyone to leave the dining hall so he could bring ouma to his room without it looking sketchy.

everyone filed out one by one, and saihara picked up his boyfriend from the chair.

saihara yawned and figured he needed a bit of sleep as well, then laughed internally at that thought.

ouma started to stir. "s..ai..hara?"

"hey, kichi. you fell asleep." saihara said, walking down the hall.

"o-oh.." he stuttered, then rested his head on saihara's chest. "sorry,"

"why?" saihara asked. "there's nothing to be sorry about," he smiled down at ouma.

this made ouma blush, and he buried his face in saihara's chest. saihara chuckled at this.

when they got to saihara's room, ouma flinched when he got placed on the bed. he didn't want to fall asleep, but he was so tired..

"i can't go to sleep, shumai.." ouma told him. "i..just can't."

"you can, kokichi. we both need some sleep."

"..fine, i'll try."

saihara smiled at him, relieved to know ouma would at least try.

saihara laid on the bed, and opened his arms, signaling ouma to come over to him, so he did.

he wrapped his arms around the smaller, and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

"what's with all the sudden affection?" ouma asked, sleepily.

"nothing, i just love you." saihara said, tightening his grip around ouma. "so much."

ouma smiled, but felt a bit emotional at that statement. saihara was maybe the first person to actually care about him. he felt himself start to cry.

"woah, hey, it's okay! what's wrong?" saihara panicked.

"n-nothing.. i just.." he wiped his eyes. "no one has ever said that to me before.." he gave saihara a weak smile as a way to say thanks.

shuichi found that statement bittersweet. he was happy he could make ouma happy, but upset to hear him say such an upsetting thing, that no one has ever told him they loved him.

"i really do, kokichi." saihara cupped ouma's cheeks. "forever and ever."

ouma laughed a bit and wiped his eyes. "thank you shuichi..."

"wait, did you just call me shuichi?"

"what? pfft.. no.."

"you totally did! awh, i love you kichi."

"i..i love you too."