loathing // wicked

heheh so me and @OvieAoyama started singing "what is this feeling?" in the comment section somewhere so. that song got stuck in my head and here we are,, yes this is a song chapter ugh ikr 😹😹

somehow. i feel that shuichi is elphaba and kichi is galinda  ?? (with a ga)

ouma sighed as he unpacked. he had to room with saihara? gross. he was the school weirdo.

"u-uhm.. i'm shuichi," saihara said, holding a hand out to the shorter. ouma just stared at it. "i know," he grumbled.

saihara frowned. he figured at least his roommate would be nice to him.

when the two were done unpacking, there was an awkward silence. well, mostly only to saihara. ouma had started writing something, a letter to his family, saihara presumed.

"dearest, darlingest dice," he wrote at the top.

saihara figured he might as well write one too.

"my dear uncle."

"there's been some confusion over rooming here at hope's peak,"

"but of course, i'll care for kaede." saihara wrote.

"but of course, i'll rise above it!" ouma.

"for i know that's how you'd want me to respond, yes."

"there's been some confusion, for you see, my roommate is..."

"unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe..." ouma tried to find the words.

"rude." saihara knew exactly what to say.

somehow, ouma had been leaning over saihara's shoulder, and saw what he wrote. rude? how dare he!

"what is this feeling.. so sudden, and new.." ouma thought out loud.

"i knew the moment i laid eyes on you." saihara scoffed.

"my pulse is rushing.."

"my head is reeling.."

"my face is flushing.."

"what is this feeling?"

ouma scowled. "fervid as a flame.." he wondered, does it have a name..?

"yes.." saihara said, seemingly reading his mind.

"loathing." ouma cut him off. "unadulterated loathing."

saihara glared at him.

ouma continued. "for your face-"

"your voice." saihara interrupted.

"your clothing!"

"let's just say.." they said. "i loathe it all!"

"every little trait, however small.." saihara smirked, "makes my very flesh begin to crawl."

"with simple and utter loathing!" ouma pouted.

"there's a strange exhilaration.." they thought, "in such total detestation!"

"it's so pure, so strong!" ouma stuck his tongue out at saihara, making said boy roll his eyes.

"though, i do admit, it came on fast, still i do believe that it can last," saihara muttered.

"and i will be loathing you my whole life long!" they yelled at each other.

the next day, at lunch time, saihara sat alone, of course, while ouma sat with all of his newfound friends, that made saihara question just how he obtained them so quickly.

"dear ouma, you are just too good!" amami told him.

"how do you stand it? i don't think i could!" iruma cackled.

"he's a terror, he's a tartar..." yumeno said, sleepily.

"we don't mean to show a bias but.. ouma, you're a martyr." tojo told him.

"well, these things are sent to try us!" ouma giggled, sparing saihara a mischievous grin.

later that day, saihara heard whispering in the halls. it didn't take a detective to figure out they were talking about him and ouma.

"poor ouma, forced to reside.."

"with someone so disgusticfied.."

ouma walked behind saihara, feeling a strange feeling for the taller boy.. yet he figured it was stupid, they loathed each other, right..?

yonaga and chabashira surprised him as they jumped to his side. "we just want to tell you, we're all on your side!" yonaga spout.

"we share your loathing," chabashira exclaimed.

ouma just smiled awkwardly and tried to get away from the girls.

back in the dorm room, ouma came in a bit later than saihara, and saihara was sitting at his desk once again. saihara flashed a look at ouma that he could have sworn was a smile, but it was gone so fast he wouldn't have known.  ouma blushed.

"what is this feeling.." he thought, "so sudden, and new.."

"i felt the moment.. i laid eyes on you.." saihara stood up, and said to ouma.

my pulse is rushing, ouma thought.

my head is reeling. saihara.

my face is flushing..

"oh, what is this feeling?" they both thought as saihara stood directly in front of ouma, causing the shorter to have to look up to look him in the eyes.

"there's a strange exhilaration.." ouma said.

saihara smiled. "in such total detestation.."

"it's so pure, so strong!" ouma looked into the taller boy's eyes.

"though i do admit, it came on fast.." saihara rubbed the back of his neck.

"still.. i do believe that it can last." ouma smiled.

ouma snapped out of it and pushed saihara away. "s-still, i will be loathing..." saihara smirked, knowing the smaller was lying.

ouma caught onto this. "truly, deeply loathing you!!" he pouted. "my whole life long!" he turned around, with his back to saihara. he didn't want him to see him blush.

saihara tiptoed up behind him, and tapped his shoulder, purposely startling him. "boo!"

ouma let out a girly shriek, making saihara laugh and ouma blush. before ouma could scold him for scaring him so suddenly, saihara took hold of ouma's chin and pressed his lips onto ouma's.

when they pulled apart, ouma was speechless, but saihara said, "still loathe me?"

ouma's response was a playful punch on saihara's shoulder. they both laughed.

omg. bro this made me so happy to write?? wicked is my favorite musical of all time because it was the first one i ever saw 🥺 and saiouma ofc is my lifeline so. yuh ❤️

me when they exist: 💘💝💞💗💓💕
can you tell i ship galinda and elphaba eheheh